Surprise Show in New York City

Fans have just reported to us that Linkin Park has just started playing a surprise show at Grand Central Station in New York City tonight!

This is the secret Good Morning America performance that was hinted at several days ago. As of now, we don't have a date that it will air but it should be on television either tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday for the album promo.

gcs.jpg

Luckily, we have staff at the event - you can watch the broadcast on our Facebook page.

SETLIST:

01. Heavy (Stripped Down)

02. Burn It Down (Stripped Down)

03. Crawling (Piano Version)

04. What I've Done (Stripped Down)

05. In The End (Stripped Down) **Done by request from the crowd chanting for the song

The band has not promoted the new album at all in New York until now, but they do have a Good Morning America performance scheduled for August.

This performance is coming just as the South American Tour ended in Brazil on Saturday, May 13th, but the band will be in Los Angeles on May 18th for Jimmy Kimmel Live. 2017 tour dates here.

You're welcome for the stream y'all. That was me ;)

Goddamn could barely see but that was epic. Got (blurry) pictures with the guys too! https://instagram.com/p/BULGoa_jwnk/

The best technique to avoid blurry selfies (specially when you are nervous as fuck) is : don't take photos, record a video selfie and then get screenshots from it hahaa.

Nice meeting RogueSoul and Lakers. Great event and great memories. So happy the band did this for the fans and what a unique venue at that.

Hopefully there will be some decent photos that we can download as I was too far back to get decent ones.

I'll defin cherish my signed HT cover signed by Mike and Brad.

Edited by loulax07

The best technique to avoid blurry selfies (specially when you are nervous as fuck) is : don't take photos, record a video selfie and then get screenshots from it hahaa.

Haha that's actually exactly what I did, still fucked it up :P

Nice meeting RogueSoul and Lakers. Great event and great memories. So happy the band did this for the fans and what a unique venue at that.

Hopefully there will be some decent photos that we can download as I was too far back to get decent ones.

Great meeting you and Lakersfan too! Had a cool little LPLive group there. See you guys at future shows! :)

Haha that's actually exactly what I did, still fucked it up :P

Great meeting you and Lakersfan too! Had a cool little LPLive group there. See you guys at future shows! :)

Great meeting you both and I look forward to seeing y'all again at future shows!

We're getting a proshot of this Thursday but here's some videos my dad took of the show (he was closer than I was and had a much better view, clearly). There's your audience recording source :P

Sadly no Heavy included with this one, but we're more or less guaranteed a shot of that one from GMA.

We're getting a proshot of this Thursday but here's some videos my dad took of the show (he was closer than I was and had a much better view, clearly). There's your audience recording source :P

Sadly no Heavy included with this one, but we're more or less guaranteed a shot of that one from GMA.

Soul you are out of LPL

-Soul's dad joins LPL staff-

Edited by JZE

My review-

They had a sound "booth" maybe 50' away, GoPro's hanging everywhere, photographers on ladders, all around. It was setup as best as they could for what they had to deal with.

Everyone that got there early enough was told to stand in line, in order, and they'd bring us all up to the front that way. They also said that LP would do a quick sound check (where we need to remain against the stairwall), they'd ride the shuttle subway to Times Square, then back, then they'd usher us up orderly and they'd perform.

The whole "orderly" and "organized" plan went out the window lol as other people rushed the front so I ended up towards the back with a crappy view if any. Roguesoul got up closer which I was glad for.

But overall the band seemed like they really enjoyed it, were ushered up the stairs real quick, walked around Grand Central for 5mins while being followed by cameras, and I was lucky enough to get Mike's and Brad's autos. They were ushered away in a few black SUV's.

Overall an amazing & unique experience.

Some other notes-

1. it was warm down there

2. they were in the PAID section which means you needed to use/buy a Metrocard to see them closely.

3. Lorenzo was there

4. Brad still has his boot on

5. MTA cops moved everyone away from the stairs so there was a path for the band to exit after and also used that as a way for them to video the performance too. They told my cousin to hang out on the edge to see the band. I was hoping for this opp to get autos but they weren't allowed to hang out on the MTA stairs. There are many restrictions in place when having these events in a public transit area like this. I'm shocked that they were even allowed to do so.

Edited by loulax07