Ticketmaster Vouchers & Free Tickets

hahninator

This isn't solely Linkin Park news, but if you've bought tickets to see them or any other band from Ticketmaster (1999-2013) in the United States, then you are entitled to either some free tickets or vouchers to future shows.

From CNN, "Millions of Ticketmaster customers are getting offers for free tickets because of a 13-year-old lawsuit.

The company planned to finish sending out free tickets vouchers "on or around June 18" to U.S. customers who made purchases on its site between October 1999 and February 2013 and paid an "Order Processing Fee" that was never refunded.

The offers stem from a lawsuit first filed in 2003 alleging Ticketmaster was charging "excessive and deceptive" fees.
"

Your account should show your "active vouchers", which you can find by typing "ticketmaster active vouchers" into Google, or clicking here and logging in.

The free tickets and vouchers expire in June 2020 and may only be used for certain specific events. As of right now, it looks like only General Admission tickets will be given out for free (no word on what comparable seats in arenas will be). The event list has not been published yet, but keep checking this page or sign up here to be emailed when the list is active.

Hopefully Linkin Park is included on the list of events for their next tour in the United States, but if not, you can at least use your free tickets/vouchers for some event...likely beyond just music (sports, etc).

I was one of the people who opted in to the class-action lawsuit, so I received legal correspondence emails throughout the process. Scratching my head about the free tickets being added, because all the information I ever received was that you'd get one voucher for $2.25 for each transaction you made with Ticketmaster during the period covered by the lawsuit. Never heard anything about free tickets.

I was one of the people who opted in to the class-action lawsuit, so I received legal correspondence emails throughout the process. Scratching my head about the free tickets being added, because all the information I ever received was that you'd get one voucher for $2.25 for each transaction you made with Ticketmaster during the period covered by the lawsuit. Never heard anything about free tickets.

I heard the same, but my account shows 12 free pairs for 24 total free tickets, plus about $80 in vouchers. You can't stack but I think 2 vouchers at once for a $5 off, so....ouch.

No problem. I think it'll be 2 weeks before you can properly use them, but the events list is slowly going up. Slipknot, Goo Goo Dolls, Train, Rob Thomas, Disturbed/Breaking Benjamin/Alter Bridge/Saint Asonia, etc are on there....good shows.