Art Awakens Show at Gallery1988

hahninator

As first reported by our friend Natasha at LPFanCorner, Mike will be participating in an art show this Saturday and Sunday (November 14th-15th) at Gallery1988. This is probably what Mike has been posting on Instagram the past few months, hinting at an upcoming art event, here and here. Of course, Mike is no stranger to Gallery1988, doing Diamonds Spades Hearts Clubs in November 2006.

From the press release by Gallery1988, "One of the most anticipated pop culture art shows of all-time will take place November 14th and 15th at Gallery1988 (West) in Los Angeles. Featuring top professional and emerging artists, the exhibit will be auctioned off in the name of Star Wars: Force for Change to benefit UNICEF Kid Power. The show's original pieces will be up for auction through eBay's Giving Works, along with select prints for sale. Additionally, 7 screenprints will be available exclusively in-store during the weekend-long gallery event."

awakens2.jpg

The long list of artists participating in this huge show includes: Aaron Jasinski, Alex Pardee, Andrew Degraff, Andrew Thompson, Andy Stattmiller, Anthony Petrie, Ashton Gallagher, Benjie Escobar, Bennett Slater, Brad Hill, Brandi Milne, Bruce White, Chris B. Murray, Clark Orr, Dan McCarthy, Dan Mumford, Danielle Murray, Dave Perillo, Dave Quiggle, DKNG, Eric Tan, JC Richard, Jeff Boyes, Jerkface, Joey Remmers, Joey Spiotto, Josh Keyes, Joshua Budich, Julian Callos, Justin Santora, Kelly McKernan, Ken Garduno, Kiersten Essenpreis, Kris Lewis, Kristin Tercek, Leontine Greenberg, Lola Gil, Lorraine Loots, Louis Perez, Marie Bergeron, Mark Englert, Matt Taylor, Meghan Stratman, N.C. Winters, Nan Lawson, Naoto Hattori, Nate Frizzell, Nathan Stapley, Nicole Gustafsson, Rich Kelly, Rob Prior, Robert Bowen, Roland Tamayo, Ruel Pascual, Sam Wolfe Connelly, Sarah Joncas, Scott C, Scott Listfield, Shannon Bonatakis, Stephen Andrade, Tom Whalen, Travis Louie and Veronica Fish.

"Original pieces will be up for auction on eBay from 11/13-11/23, while prints of select originals will be available for purchase on eBay from 11/13-12/12. Sales benefit UNICEF Kid Power, an innovative new program that uses the world's first Wearable-For-Good to get youth physically active to provide lifesaving, nutrition-rich food packets to kids in need around the world in the name of Star Wars: Force for Change."

In case you want to stop by and check it out, here's the info:

Gallery1988 (West)
7308 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA

Special hours on both days will be 11 AM - 10 PM. Mike will probably make an appearance at some point to take a look at the full gallery as well.

I wish he did more art galleries. His stuff is pretty good.

agreed, that's why i have some pieces of his

Honestly, I'm not a big art guy, but it's something to do with his creativity coupled with my passion for LP that I just love his work. I own a few prints, 5 FM covers, and other stuff but love his eye