New Julien-K Show At The Roxy, Los Angeles 4/8/09!

LPxDC

Julien-K will be playing at The Roxy on April 8th, 2009! The date is on Julien-K's MySpace; go out and support the band if you live in the area!

Will they be performing the whole album? Play songs that haven't been performed yet? Will our own Chester be at the show and do the famous collaboration on Technical Difficulties? Maybe Maestro again?

Death To Analog officially comes out today, so go grab it! Mike's remix on the limited edition of the album (the remix disc Death To Digital) is awesome. He remixes the title song Death To Analog....it also has that One Step Closer gunshot sample that was used in the OSC intro throughout the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle and also on the What I've Done (Distorted Remix) by Mike. Interesting.

Edit:

Ryan Shuck Posted This On the Julien-K Message board

Post One

we ARE playing this show - no tour plans yet. this will be our record release show for our fans.

it will be cool. we will have a special guest perform with us (someone who has performed with us before, but this time in a new way, doing some different parts). will also be playing some songs that haven't been played with much frequency - and one that has never been played live.

it will be fun..

RS

Post 2

in other words: this will be a totally new set.

So Ryan has hinted in the official Julien-K message board that there will indeed be a guest performance... And to me it's kinda obvious that he means Chester by that. This is what he wrote:

we ARE playing this show - no tour plans yet. this will be our record release show for our fans.

it will be cool. we will have a special guest perform with us (someone who has performed with us before, but this time in a new way, doing some different parts). will also be playing some songs that haven't been played with much frequency - and one that has never been played live.

it will be fun..

RS

If any of you goes to the show, please note that they will also sell AND SIGN the vinyl of Death To Analog that is released at the same day ;) And recordings of the show would be decent, by the way :)

For more information on Julien-K and where to get their new album Death To Analog, please click this banner:

Posted Image

Edited by immortalsoul

Hmm, I was kinda sure that he referred to Chester when I posted the above post but now I think the special guest could also be Jay Gordon because he has performed with the band before as well. Chester would actually be more likely, though, because he himself helped produce the CD and was really involved in the process. We'll see what happens but I surely hope the show gets recorded or even filmed in some way!

Edited by immortalsoul

Plus performed with us before but doing different parts, Jay Gordon only performed once with JK, so to me it sounds more like Chester will collaborate w them, since he is way more involved with JK. Tho don't get me wrong, it wud be great to have them do an Orgy song if Jay Gordon performs with them! I hope that by songs without much frequency they play Futura and Forever again. Btw was the version of Futura they played at the viper room the DTA version, or something else?

Edited by LPPRJKT4

I may fly to this, I'm in Hawaii during that time it won't be far..

lol if you had an ipod id send you my rig. you just plug it in, set it to the specfic settings then just tape. then turn off when your done.

Plus performed with us before but doing different parts, Jay Gordon only performed once with JK, so to me it sounds more like Chester will collaborate w them, since he is way more involved with JK. Tho don't get me wrong, it wud be great to have them do an Orgy song if Jay Gordon performs with them! I hope that by songs without much frequency they play Futura and Forever again. Btw was the version of Futura they played at the viper room the DTA version, or something else?

Hmm, to me it sounded like the DTA version but we don't know any other versions of Futura yet so I can't say for sure. Another mix of the song (made by Franz + Shape) is supposed to be out soon, though.

And @HybridThe0ry97: Do you have possibilities to record the show? Would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...