LPTV - Beast Astray Art Show

lgr

Ammosick is from the MTM sessions... the LPA Wiki has enormous amounts of information absolutely wrong. I'm 100% sure that every single track from Stagelight, apart from Divided and Catharsis came from the ATS sessions. Almost all of the names check out with the ones in the tracking boards shown in the LPTVs and the Making Of ATS.

FUCK

I just confirmed indeed that Ammosick is "the last line" song beyond a shadow of a doubt...

It says Ammosick to the left of Iridescent, and "the last line" is above it

Can't believe I never caught that, I've had that screen-cap since 2012, lol.

A LOT of the Stagelight demos are from the Living Things sessions, not ATS...

A LOT of the Stagelight demos are from the Living Things sessions, not ATS...

I can count at least Chicken Basket, Kingdom, Monday (Mondaymeeting), Sakura, Seahorse, Naut (Argonauts) being from the ATS sessions. I can't really tell if any of them are from the LT sessions since we have very little demo names and the band narrowed it down to 11 songs plus 1 b-side we don't even know the name of. A lot of them sound really similar too, like DBY to Sakura, or Hyper to Kingdom...

I can count at least Chicken Basket, Kingdom, Monday (Mondaymeeting), Sakura, Seahorse, Naut (Argonauts) being from the ATS sessions. I can't really tell if any of them are from the LT sessions since we have very little demo names and the band narrowed it down to 11 songs plus 1 b-side we don't even know the name of. A lot of them sound really similar too, like DBY to Sakura, or Hyper to Kingdom...

And there are also numerous samples from Castle of Glass, Holding Company (Lost in the Echo), Roads Untraveled, Lies Greed Misery, Primo (I'll Be Gone - at least some of the samples found in Stagelight aren't present in the ATS-era demo), and Battle Axe (Victimized). We don't "know" where a lot of the remaining samples originated from, but there sure is a lot more up-tempo beat-driven stuff (Living Things-esque) in there than down-tempo ambient stuff (ATS-esque).

Actually Primo is better than I'll Be Gone. And almost eveything is better than Lies Greed Misery :D

No it's not, IMO. Primo is shit compared to I'LL BE GONE. Primo sounds very incomplete and honestly, if it was included on ATS, I feel like it would have probably been the weakest song on the album. The change from Primo to I'LL BE GONE is so drastic that it almost feels like a different song. I love the lyrics in I'LL BE GONE and the chorus is just plain awesome in that song, it's probably one of my favorite LP songs.

Edited by Geki

You might not like Primo but it is definitely one of their most finished demos hell yes to me is not the demo of IBG to me is a completely different song and I like it better.

It's not that I don't like Primo, I just think that when compared to I'LL BE GONE that it's completely lackluster. I also don't consider any of LP's demos to be better than songs that actually made the albums. Even a song like What We Don't Know, which I absolutely love, isn't better than any song on MTM to me.

Across the Line is in a top-ten LP songs, IMO. I don't believe why they don't release it in MtM.

Anyway, besides all the things that annoyed me, I'm glad about the LPU's CD's or somethings like this. The band give us the opportunity to hear songs/tracks that didn't make the cut or, in the most of time, was scrapped in the beggining / middle of the process, showing us how this is done by them.

And the most interesting stuff: as Geki said, the band wants to prior the best songs for their albums. But, for me, this is a band opinion, not necessarily a opinion by every fan. I liked Primo, for example, for being a song more close to finished than a lot of LPU instrumentals [some of them I like a lot, as Pale, Halo, even Pepper or Cumulus], but don't like it more than I'll Be Gone. But a lot of other people like it, and LP gave the opportunity of the fan "choose", the fan heard the previous version.

Of course exists the possibility of the next LPU, for example, has a lot of instrumentals, even stuff we already had, and seems as some of us being ungrateful by this... But, for me, is great that the band give us things like the LPU CD's.

Sorry for the long post xD

The day that LP starts making music for the fans is the day that I stop being a LP fan. The band has always said they make music that they enjoy and are proud of and if the fans like it, then great, if not, oh well.

Edited by Geki