Meet and Greet process

ModThisName

Hello there,

I'd like to ask about the full M&G proccess. When and where does it takes place usually? How does fans get back to the concertplace? What are the standards and non-written rules of it? I read the M&G rules on LPU, but there's things that doesn't there.

Thanks for the answers

I had meet and greet for LPU last night in Charlotte. I missed the entire set for 30STM.. meeting was scheduled at 7:50, their set started at 7:45. I waited in line a little over an hour with almost 70 others before we could get back to the meet and greet. You would will receive an e-mail with the location. They state no pictures, selfies, hugs, etc. Pretty basic.. you get a couple seconds with the band members and you're done, but well worth it. After the meet and greet, you go back to your original location - hopefully if you're in the pit you have someone saving your spot, otherwise you may end up in the back.

Edited by Threewingedfury

I had meet and greet for LPU last night in Charlotte. I missed the entire set for 30STM.. meeting was scheduled at 7:50, their set started at 7:45. I waited in line a little over an hour with almost 70 others before we could get back to the meet and greet. You would will receive an e-mail with the location. They state no pictures, selfies, hugs, etc. Pretty basic.. you get a couple seconds with the band members and you're done, but well worth it. After the meet and greet, you go back to your original location - hopefully if you're in the pit you have someone saving your spot, otherwise you may end up in the back.

Wow, what a shame. Back in 2007, you could take pics (I have pics with Chester, Mike and Joe) and they would shake hands and do hugs and stuff. I guess it's changed now, though.

Edited by Geki

I just had a M&G in Bristow last night.

IT was SORT OF up tight. They stressed "no personal photography", but some people just went ahead and brought their phones out, and the band didn't seem to mind. And the M&G host also takes pictures while the band interacts with you. IT goes by REALLY fast, so soak it up while you can.

(EDIT: Been on this forum since 2008, and I FINALLY hit 100 posts. Holy hell.)

Edited by JustinLydard

I just had a M&G in Bristow last night.

IT was SORT OF up tight. They stressed "no personal photography", but some people just went ahead and brought their phones out, and the band didn't seem to mind. And the M&G host also takes pictures while the band interacts with you. IT goes by REALLY fast, so soak it up while you can.

(EDIT: Been on this forum since 2008, and I FINALLY hit 100 posts. Holy hell.)

You should be able to take pics on your phone if you want to. Yeah, the M&G individually takes pics but they don't upload all of them onto the LPU website for some odd reason.

You should be able to take pics on your phone if you want to. Yeah, the M&G individually takes pics but they don't upload all of them onto the LPU website for some odd reason.

Wholeheartedly agree with you. The whole "no personal photography" was bull. Paying $300+ for a M&G, that lasts all of 6 or 7 mintues, and you miss part of a band, AND no personal pictures!? HUH!?

It really is no problem to take a quick picture with a band member if the band member agrees. It's not like they throw you out if you do.

I took some pics myself at RiP.

But they have to say that...imagine everyone takes a pic with every band member. M&G would last two hours.

Also Fiore takes a shitload of pics which he uploads to the LPU afterwards. I found myself on five pictures with several band members.

I like the new system where they walk up to you much more than the old sitting at a table one. You can really make them stay now if you can start a good conversation (except for Joe haha)

Have people successfully gotten more than one thing signed? I'd really like to get two items signed by the band.

Go for it man. They say ''1 item allowed for everyone'' but you never know, if you bring 2 things, they might do it, just don't tell any of the staff that you want 2 things signed (obviously). When I went to the Porsche Design Meet & Greet with Chester back in February, they said you could only get the Porsche Design shirt signed, but I brought my booklet from Out Of Ashes and I asked him if he would sign it too and he said sure I'll sign anything you want. So yeah, try it.