Noob question regarding M&G

eXoBlackOut

Hey guys,

First of all, I am so glad LP is coming to the Netherlands!! This means I will finally see them live. But now I have some questions regarding M&G.

I need to buy a LPU membership, I know that. But when I do its not yet certain I will be chosen for the M&G right? And if I can go to the M&G, that means I will mis OM&M I assume?

But the most important question of all: If I attend the M&G where in the venue will I be dropped to watch the show? I guess I will be in the back, so then it might be better to buy seat tickets.

Thanks for reading and hopefully answering, its my first time so don't go too hard on me :P

The M&G process is different sometimes depending on the venue, but when you get your LPU membership go to the shows page and request a M&G for your show. You'll get a message saying whether you got it or not near the day of the show. You will probably miss the opening band, and if you bought pit tickets you probably won't be able to get in the front once you're out of the M&G.

Recently the LPU sent out the confirmation emails that you won, shortly after the deadline for entering in the M&G. So you don't learn about having a M&G only a few days before the show, but you won't get further details about the meeting area and time until the day before or day of the show. That is usually not a big problem for area shows though.

Depending on the show, if you have GA, you should try to get a wristband for the front section if that's possible. It really depends on the show and venue where they drop you off.

In my experience with Meet & Greet in the past, I have had to piss the other headlining act. For example, I had to miss Incubus's set at the Honda Civic Tour for the Meet & Greet, I also had to miss My Chemical Romance's set at Projekt Revolution 2007 for the Meet & Greet as well. It is worth it if you are a super LP fan and have never met the band before, trust me. If you have a friend up front at the barricade, they can save your spot for you during the Meet & Greet.

Ive attended a few meet n greets in the past, and they usually let you back into the venue all the way in the back. Dont expect to be at the front row if you get a meet n greet pass. I prefer seats when entering for meet n greet. Best of luck :)

We had M and G at Manchester in about 2008.

Can't think of the exact date, but it was the year when Biffy Clyro were the support.

We got back in to the arena in time to see about 4 Biffy Clyro songs (no great miss there then!)

We had floor tickets and got let in, as you suggested, near the back.

Still managed to get our way towards the front so it wasn't such a problem.