Bug Report 5.0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the real limit seems to be 64MB, which is caused by the php configuration. Since 100MB is pretty big for an attachment you should upload it somewhere else anyway, sorry for that.

Another problem I noticed is that I can't open any of your attachments, I'm not entirely sure what's causing this but when I look up attachments it says that yours are not assigned to a topic, whatever that means. The two problems might be connected.

Another problem I noticed is that I can't open any of your attachments, I'm not entirely sure what's causing this but when I look up attachments it says that yours are not assigned to a topic, whatever that means. The two problems might be connected.

I think I know what is the problem. Check again and let me know if they works now.

• 10 months later...

When I go into a show page, and use the search function to search "This database", all the links just lead to the site's homepage.

For some reason the results are like:

lplive.net/shows/_/2001/20010916

instead of

lplive.net/shows/db/2001/20010916

• 1 year later...

Scrolling on the forums overview is pretty laggy for me and I can't get more than 30 fps there.

I did a quick investigation and it seems like the category headers in the Hybrid theme are the problem, since they are repainted on scroll. Promoting them to their own layer improved performance for me and I got almost 60 fps afterwards.

If you want to incorporate my fix you have to add

transform: translate3d(0, 0, 0);

to this rule: "body, .col_c_icon img[src*=f_], .maintitle, #branding"

Also the icons in the first column of a forum (the indicator if there is something read or unread in there) are also repainted on scroll but I don't see a reason why they should. The problem is that there is an unnecessary CSS rule on the icons that puts background-attachement: fixed on them which is a huge performance killer. I think it's the same rule that is used for the forum category headers, where the background-attachement is needed.

Edited by graveguard

In the Chrome devtools you can activate a FPS Meter and afterwards you just have to scroll around. If you want to know which elements get repainted on scroll, just activate Paint Flashing and scroll around. Green boxes indicate repaints (which are expensive and probably things that prevent the site to scroll at 60 fps).

0whGPMI.png

• sotrix unpinned this topic