19.10.2013 - Saitama-shi, Japan - Loud Park

hahninator

Today STP will play their next show and it will be their first appearance internationally with Chester! This show falls in Saitama-shi, Japan at the Saitama Super Arena for a festival called Loud Park.

This festival is held over two days at the arena, with Stone Temple Pilots headlining day one and King Diamond headlining day two, but King Diamond cancelled their appearance yesterday and will not be performing. Playing before STP on the 19th will be the bands Europe, Angra, Carcass, Behemoth, Lynch Mob, Lordi, Therion, Devin Townsend Project, Bring Me The Horizon, Crossfaith and Lost Society.

STP plays Osaka on the 21st at Namba Hatch. The Stars Of The Season Gala is scheduled in Scottsdale, AZ for the 26th, and then STP will play two shows in Biloxi, MS and Woodlands, TX before taking a break until December. For the full STP tour schedule, click here.

SETLIST:

01. Down

02. Big Bang Baby

03. Vasoline

04. Dead & Bloated

05. Out Of Time

06. Meatplow

07. Silvergun Superman

08. Church On Tuesday (Guitar Solo Ending)

09. Big Empty

10. Black Heart

11. Interstate Love Song

12. Lady Picture Show

13. Pop's Love Suicide (2013 New Ending)

14. Hollywood Bitch

15. Sex Type Thing

16. Sex & Violence

--------------------

17. Wicked Garden

18. Piece Of Pie

19. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

This one should be interesting. Except for it being the first international performance of STP with Chester, it's also the first show after the EP release. Even though they didn't have a lot of time to rehearse since September, I hope they will play some more songs from High Rise, and play a new set, or at least change the old one.

EDIT:

STP already played, according to the timetable. We will probably get details about the performance soon.

EDIT 2:

According to setlist.fm, the exact same set from the US tour was played.

Edited by Mesck547

I don't understand why they're playing only two new songs, I thought they'll change it after the EP release date. Every musician (that I know) promote new material with playing (not all of them of course) the new songs live..

I don't understand why they're playing only two new songs, I thought they'll change it after the EP release date. Every musician (that I know) promote new material with playing (not all of them of course) the new songs live..

It's probably because they didn't have so much to rehearse do to the fact that Chester is working on the new LP album. More new songs might appear in the set during the Australian tour.

It's probably because they didn't have so much to rehearse do to the fact that Chester is working on the new LP album. More new songs might appear in the set during the Australian tour.

C'mon they're be interviewing to every radio show on the planet but they don't have time to rehearse one more song? :lol:

Check it by yourself, tell them you're from Mesck547 FM and you want to interview them and they'll say yes.

I think they just don't want to play all the new songs yet. They have no new music coming up as of now and still a lot of touring ahead, they still have to play all the old STP classics too and satisfy those fans as well.

Rehearsing the songs doesn't seem to be the issue.

The interviews are probably more important, they are still in the process to establish the new band.

Of course they should play the classics, but they need to sell the new EP, not their previous albums. I don't think they're trying to keep the music since they're playing less than half of what they have (2/5) and these are only the singles.

• 1 month later...

Is this source Circulated yet?

Source 1: Audio - AUD (Unknown)

Taper: Alexander (A.K.A. Metal Hammer)

Time: ? mins

Format: 1CDR

Comments: Full show. Bootleg: 'Out Of Park' Alexander (A.K.A. Metal Hammer)-146 - Cover: Front

Never knew there was a full show source for this. Would be awesome to have.