Early Entry

colinreid

I think the early entry thing is stupid, it just makes it a big clusterfuck of different lines, people in the wrong line, etc. I miss the good old days when it was first come, first serve basis to get to the front of the stage. It was like that from 2007-2011 and they started doing early entry in 2012 and continued it with 2013.

I think the early entry thing is stupid, it just makes it a big clusterfuck of different lines, people in the wrong line, etc. I miss the good old days when it was first come, first serve basis to get to the front of the stage. It was like that from 2007-2011 and they started doing early entry in 2012 and continued it with 2013.

Even though you get let into the venue before the public does?

Even though you get let into the venue before the public does?

You only get in a few minutes earlier than the regular public. For example, I had 'early entry' for SMMF a few months back and I still didn't get the front row, because they had other exclusives lines and stuff like that, they got to go inside earlier than the LPU even. Early entry can be cool, but sometimes people will unknowingly line up in the LPU line, or LPU people will line up in the public line, etc, and then people get confused and stuff like that. It was simple when there was just one line for everything and whoever got there earliest got the front row.

I Completely disagree. I had two early entry shows on the last two (Sydney and Melbourne arena shows). I rocked up about 30 mins before doors, and once inside the venue, went to the early entry door where I got barrier no problems. Sometimes Id camp out for hours before a show to get pushed aside by bigger people and miss barrier.

The way the early entry worked here in AUS, Doors for the venue would open at like 7:30, then LPU members would go to a seprate door for the early entry where they'd show one of LP's staff or secruity your LPU pass. Then about 10-15 minutes before the doors for the stage open, you'll be let in.

Well it didn't work in the US that way. I may have been a little pissed off because I waited for about 6 hours, was in the front of the LPU Early Entry line, and still didn't get front row, but it's whatever.

Well it didn't work in the US that way. I may have been a little pissed off because I waited for about 6 hours, was in the front of the LPU Early Entry line, and still didn't get front row, but it's whatever.

US is a different animal. People who get their really early are the people with LPU passes. So if you want your choice of barricade spot then you have to get there early, but if you're ok with being off to the sides then you could probably wait till 3 hours or so before doors, depending on which state your in (West Coast more time is needed and South less).

I'm short so I always just clear my day and get there early. The only problem is when the venue screws up and opens the pit in two spots (dumb dumb dumb Planet Hollywood!)

US is a different animal. People who get their really early are the people with LPU passes. So if you want your choice of barricade spot then you have to get there early, but if you're ok with being off to the sides then you could probably wait till 3 hours or so before doors, depending on which state your in (West Coast more time is needed and South less).

I'm short so I always just clear my day and get there early. The only problem is when the venue screws up and opens the pit in two spots (dumb dumb dumb Planet Hollywood!)

Wow, SSMF had almost the same issue. The 'main stage' was small so not many people could be up front compared to big places that I have been before to see LP. They played in the middle of the street, so it was weird. But I was at the front of the LPU line, and people who paid for the VIP packages and stuff got to come in before LPU and get the front row, and when the LPU was let in, I couldn't make it to the front row. I waited for like 6 hours to get to the front row, and had to wait another 6 hours watching all the bands before LP came on. That is what irritated me. I will probably stop trying to get front row at LP shows now after this experience. It's not worth not eating/drinking all day long and getting sunburnt and having body aches, etc, to not have front row. Second or third row isn't good enough for me, I have to be front row to get the full experience in my mind. I would rather have lawn than getting second or third row because at least you can walk around all day and eat, etc. Hell, if you had lawn, you could get there 10 mins before the show started.

I Completely disagree. I had two early entry shows on the last two (Sydney and Melbourne arena shows). I rocked up about 30 mins before doors, and once inside the venue, went to the early entry door where I got barrier no problems. Sometimes Id camp out for hours before a show to get pushed aside by bigger people and miss barrier.

The way the early entry worked here in AUS, Doors for the venue would open at like 7:30, then LPU members would go to a seprate door for the early entry where they'd show one of LP's staff or secruity your LPU pass. Then about 10-15 minutes before the doors for the stage open, you'll be let in.

Sounds good. Do you think 3/4hrs sounds about right for me to start lining up at early entry? I'd imagine the UK arena shows should be no problem getting the barricade even though I managed a few times without early entry.

Sounds good. Do you think 3/4hrs sounds about right for me to start lining up at early entry? I'd imagine the UK arena shows should be no problem getting the barricade even though I managed a few times without early entry.

if you managed to get front without early entry in the UK i'd say you could do it.

for sonisphere 2009 my friend and I were up and out of our tent at like, 9am so we could get to the front, we seemed to be among a very small amount of people doing it that year (and I saw shit-loads of LPU shirts that weren't even bothering to be near the front) and we got a space on the barrier without any real problem. we had a worse time trying to get to the front for things like Avenged Sevenfold than LP.

granted my experience was festival-based and is way different to an arena show - festivals really depend on the kind of people who are there to see whichever bands they're there to see, but yeah.

it's not as if you're seeing MCR in the UK and need to bring a tent :P

Adam had the shit nailed down perfectly on the Honda Civic Tour. I helped him with it at a few shows. LPU lined up and was inside FIRST before anyone else at all of the first 6 shows I was at and I saw it happen (except Wantagh which didn't have GA). He even got the LPU'ers in first in Camden that WEREN'T going to the Summit. Obviously they were behind the LPU Summit people but still he remembered to get them in.

I watched him do it in Bristow, Uncasville, Mansfield, Camden and Alpharetta and it was perfect. The LPU'ers lined up, he rounded them up, told them about the M&G time, etc and got them in first. In a perfect world Adam would tour with LP and run the shit flawlessly at every show.

I'm sure if Lorenzo goes on the road he will nail it too. Sucks SSMF and Vegas had problems but those are not Linkin Park tour shows, those are one-off shows and/or festivals and problems are likely to occur at clusterfuck events like those sometimes. I've always been inside doing Music For Relief before LPU goes in but every show I saw last year besides the seated Wantagh show, LPU was in first and front row always. First 3-4 rows usually. Lots of LPU'ers.

Adam introduced it and absolutely fucking nailed it.

Adam was a boss about the early entry. He had to fight with the local security about it almost every day to make it happen, telling them that he doesn't care and that he's their boss for the day.

Wantagh had early entry, but only like 3 people used it lol.

Ah yeah that's right I do remember that now. He said he'd do it if people wanted him to and the 3 people were there, haha.

I liked his care free attitude. Not like, care free about his job, but like he knew what was right and what was wrong and he made local security know he was in charge and they weren't.

I agree with you guys. Adam was a seriously awesome person to have for the LPU. He was a good guy, and he really cared about the fans, making them first priority pretty much, etc. Maybe by the next LP tour in the US, Lorenzo will sort it all out to make it like when Adam ran the LPU.