01.09.2012 - Calgary, AB - X-FEST

hahninator

For the next three shows Linkin Park, Incubus and MUTEMATH take a break from the Honda Civic Tour by heading to Canada for two festivals and an arena show, the first of which is X-FEST in Calgary, Alberta on the 1st. This show takes place at Fort Calgary.

Although Linkin Park has played in Toronto and Montreal semi-frequently and even Vancouver a few times and Québec once on their trips to Canada, they have NEVER played in Calgary before! Both Calgary and the next show in Edmonton are new territories for the band - the first time they've visited a new city in Canada since 2008, when they played in Québec just before Projekt Revolution (show page here). This is also the first festival in Canada they've played since that date. Pretty cool!

One thing we forgot to mention about the last show in Englewood, CO (show page here) is that Linkin Park actually played the same venue on the same date in 2004 on Projekt Revolution (show page here). That rarely ever happens for the band so it's definitely worth a mention. And in case you weren't paying attention to what happened at that show, Incubus's guitarist Mike Einziger joined the band for 'Bleed It Out' and shredded a pretty badass guitar solo after the 'Sabotage' bridge of the song.

A close look at the guest action:

And at 6:54 in this video:

Mike Shinoda on Twitter: "Wowzers. Our special guest @MichaelEinziger shredded tonight on Bleed It Out. #HondaCivicTour @IncubusBand"

Mike Einziger's reply: "@mikeshinoda @incubusband @linkinpark that was only the first night. there's a lot more where that came from!"

So it looks like this guitar-shredding guest feature will continue! Do you guys like it? Love it?

The setlist for Calgary is really up in the air - since Englewood had US Set A out of the normal rotation (US Set C was scheduled to be next), we can't really guess what the Calgary show will have! It really could be any of the three sets...so we'll have to see! What set do you think this show will have? Is anyone from LPLive seeing the show today? Bands joining Linkin Park, Incubus and MUTEMATH at this show include Silversun Pickups, Young The Giant, Fun., The Joy Formidable, The Pack Ad, and L.P. (haha)! Set times can be found here.

After this show, the three bands on the Honda Civic Tour play SONiC BOOM in Edmonton on the 2nd and then play an arena show in Vancouver on the 4th. The tour resumes on the 5th in Tacoma, WA before ending with three shows in California: Mountain View, Carson and Chula Vista. For the full 2012 tour schedule including setlists from this year, upcoming dates and more, click here.

SETLIST: (thanks to Catalyst619)

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. IN MY REMAINS

08. New Divide

09. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Points Of Authority

12. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Ext. Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb (Mike & Chester Numb encore tease)

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage' & Mike Einziger; Ext. Outro)

I'm not even gonna try tonight. They'll just shit out a hybrid Set D or something -_-

Hilarious lol. I really hope Chester comes out with Incubus on a song before the end of the tour and Brandon joins LP for a song.... so sad if that doesn't happen because this probably is the only time they'll ever tour together.

Hilarious lol. I really hope Chester comes out with Incubus on a song before the end of the tour and Brandon joins LP for a song.... so sad if that doesn't happen because this probably is the only time they'll ever tour together.

Chester/Incubus mashup would kick ass.

LPA's post has some errors in it, tried to help them out. That'd be cool one day if we could work together on like cross posting preshow posts somehow. Integrated platform w/comments from both sites displaying on both forums with the show posts or something. Lots of confusion over the Englewood set since LP changed the rotation mid tour.

LPA's post has some errors in it, tried to help them out. That'd be cool one day if we could work together on like cross posting preshow posts somehow. Integrated platform w/comments from both sites displaying on both forums with the show posts or something. Lots of confusion over the Englewood set since LP changed the rotation mid tour.

That'd be so cool.

Following the Feed on Twitter they are playing Faint so maybe Set A for tonight.

Theres a feed? Link please. I can do my post and not be wrong if the feed lasts the length of thd show

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this is wrong.

• TINFOIL
  • Faint (Ext. Outro)
  • Papercut
  • Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
  • With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)
  • Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
  • New Divide
  • VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)
  • Lying From You
  • LIES GREED MISERY
  • Points Of Authority
  • Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Ext. Outro)
  • Breaking The Habit
  • LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
  • The Catalyst
  • LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)
  • Numb
  • What I've Done
  • One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

• BURN IT DOWN
  • In The End
  • Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

Show Notes:

- Mike rapped a verse from 'Until It Breaks' over the intro to 'Waiting For The End'.

- 'Bleed It Out' featured the Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage' bridge.

Other Notes:

-

Edited by Soul

Setlist:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (Ext. 2012 Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. IN MY REMAINS

08. New Divide

09. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Points Of Authority

12. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro; Ext. Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb (Mike & Chester Numb encore tease)

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)