Linkin Park closes live downloads website...?

hahninator

As of the LP Underground 15 launch, Linkin Park seems to have closed their live downloads website for shows that they were selling online. Previously hosted at downloads.linkinpark.com, the band had 229 shows available for fans. That link now redirects to Wonderful Union, the company that built the new Linkin Park website.

Originally started in 2007 as a live CD program at merch booths, the downloads later moved online where they hosted most Linkin Park shows from 2007 to 2012. Unfortunately, the program was ended at the end of 2012, with the South Africa 2012 shows being the last ones sold. More information on the previously available shows can be found here.

LPLive tried to encourage Linkin Park to restart the DSP program via an open letter to the band and management in 2013 and a petition to the band and management in 2015. We never received a reply about the petition, and with the DSP website being offline for over a week, it appears as if the website will not resurface and that any chance for newer or older live show downloads has ended.

Since the band heavily advocated sharing the shows from 2007 to 2009 between fans (and even making a thread on the LPU to do so), we have a thread discussing the best means for fans to now get the shows.

Sorry guys. If anything changes, such as the site going back up, we will let you know.

Knowing a thing or two about DNS records for domain names, what may have happened is the new website creator/web host has probably moved the websites DNS records to their server, and they removed (or forgot to re-add) the DNS entry for 'downloads.linkinpark.com' which would have pointed to the IP address of the download site. Right now it points to wonderfulunion.com simply because a DNS entry for downloads.linkinpark.com doesn't exist. You can type sdfsldkjweioj.linkinpark.com for example, and it will redirect to wonderfulunion.com. Lets hope it will go back up, or maybe they did purposely remove it.

I might be the only one who doesn't really mind this. The band doesn't change the set around enough in any capacity to warrant uploading every single show. Its obvious only a small minority of fans (in relation to those who attended the shows) took advantage of purchasing shows. Personally, I think the numerous flaws of their live playing tends to show up in the DSPs and they didn't sound too good anyway.

They weren't meant to be on the same level of Live in Texas or Road to Revolution where they were special shows intended for everyone to enjoy, it was more intended for the people that attended the specific shows. I wouldn't want to buy a show that played a similar or the same setlist that I went to, I'd want to buy the one that I actually went to

Edited by TripleXero