2018.10.14 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

RogueSoul

Wow. It's been a wild couple of days. Three shows into the Post Traumatic Tour / Monster Energy Outbreak Tour and we're already shocked at the setlists! Mike makes his fourth stop on the tour tonight in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at The Fillmore!

Before we talk about anything else, let's talk about last night in New York City - because I was there and still can't believe everything that happened. Mike and company performed a powerful set, surprising from start to finish with lots of energy and excitement. Though the setlist featured many of the same tracks he played at his NYC show earlier this year, it was still a fresh new experience with how much the show has changed since then. With a triple whammy opener of 'Petrified,' 'I.O.U.,' and 'In Stereo,' differing entirely from the opening a the show in June, it was bound to be an incredible show. And that it was.

Of the many things that happened in New York, we got some live debuts. First was very first appearance of 'Lift Off,' of which Mike rapped the first verse during the extended bridge of 'Sorry For Now' after Dan's drum solo. Later on in the show came a huge surprise in the live debut of 'World's On Fire,' which was played with an extended jam bridge featuring a drum solo and Mike playing around with the synth solo of 'Robot Boy' - which also got its tour debut as the encore opener at the show! Additionally, 'Wisdom, Justice, and Love' was moved back down into the middle of the set rather than the encore opener, Mike surprising us by mashing it up with 'Hands Held High,' because Shinoda's mind knows no rules when it comes to mash ups. 'Iridescent' was performed right after. In addition, a fan named David came onstage during 'Over Again' and sang with Mike throughout the show!

Watch Mike perform 'World's On Fire' for the very first time live in New York last night! I filmed the entire show from the front row - if you want to check out anything from the show, check out the playlist.

Philadelphia has always been a great place for Linkin Park to play a show. One of the most popular shows in Philadelphia was 2011's A Thousand Suns World Tour stop, where an awesome video recording perfectly shows off the band's awesome V-shaped stage. Plus, epic performances of songs like 'When They Come For Me' and 'From The Inside' came from this show! The band's first stops in Philly in the year 2000 were some of the earliest they ever made on tour; the fourth stop of the band's first tour opening for the Union Underground was in Philadelphia, who must've put on such a good vibe that the band returned later the same year in December. The band returned early in 2001 for their very first headlining tour: the Street Soldiers Tour. They also returned later that same year, this time on the Family Values Tour. The band made one final Hybrid Theory era stop in Philly on Projekt Revolution 2002, an awesome show that featured DJ Z-Trip on 'It's Goin' Down,' as well as a cover of the Deftones' 'My Own Summer (Shove It).' The band made two stops in Philly on the Meteora World Tour, hitting it in 2003 on Metallica's 'Summer Sanitarium' Tour, and then once more the next year in 2004, at the start of their North American Tour. Philadelphia also hosted the band's famous 2005 Live 8 performance with Jay-Z, which is by far the biggest crowd the band has ever performed to: between 700,000 and 1,000,000 people were there.

See Linkin Park perform an awesome show in Philadelphia in 2011. Highlights of the show include the awesome production as well as a particularly great performance of 'From The Inside.'

As for tonight, who knows. There's literally no point in guessing anymore because Mike is doing whatever the hell he wants - and we love it! There's nothing like going into a show unsure of what's coming. Mike's winding down the list of songs to play on tour, knocking one off the Post Traumatic list (still missing 5: 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore,' 'Brooding,' 'Promises I Can't Keep,' 'a full 'Lift Off,' and 'Can't Hear You Now). Fans still really want to hear songs like 'No Roads Left' and 'High Voltage,' and who knows! They could be next! Even the soundcheck in New York showed us some interesting stuff: the first known full band version of 'Dedicated' was partially played, as well as 'Sharp Edges' with Matt on vocals and an unknown song that we can't quite identify. Will we see these songs performed live in the set today? Who knows! We've seen that it only takes literally one day of practice at soundcheck to perform something new, as we saw today with 'World's On Fire.' What will be next?

Who's going to this show? I met a lot of people at New York, and I'll be in Philly too and would love to meet more of you (or see some of you again)! If you're at the show and see me, come say hi! My face will probably be plastered all over our social media so check there for updates. And if you're there, you might not have too tough of a time finding me ;) After this show, Mike hits up Stroudsburg in western Pennsylvania before heading south down the east coast, with stops in North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia. We're only just beginning.

We'll be keeping you updated on everything that happens at this show, so be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world (a couple members from the Discord will be at this show - be sure to say hi)! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.

Wow. It's been a wild couple of days. Three shows into the Post Traumatic Tour / Monster Energy Outbreak Tour and we're already shocked at the setlists! Mike makes his fourth stop on the tour tonight in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at The Fillmore!

Before we talk about anything else, let's talk about last night in New York City - because I was there and still can't believe everything that happened. Mike and company performed a powerful set, surprising from start to finish with lots of energy and excitement. Though the setlist featured many of the same tracks he played at his NYC show earlier this year, it was still a fresh new experience with how much the show has changed since then. With a triple whammy opener of 'Petrified,' 'I.O.U.,' and 'In Stereo,' differing entirely from the opening a the show in June, it was bound to be an incredible show. And that it was.

Of the many things that happened in New York, we got some live debuts. First was very first appearance of 'Lift Off,' of which Mike rapped the first verse during the extended bridge of 'Sorry For Now' after Dan's drum solo. Later on in the show came a huge surprise in the live debut of 'World's On Fire,' which was played with an extended jam bridge featuring a drum solo and Mike playing around with the synth solo of 'Robot Boy' - which also got its tour debut as the encore opener at the show! Additionally, 'Wisdom, Justice, and Love' was moved back down into the middle of the set rather than the encore opener, Mike surprising us by mashing it up with 'Hands Held High,' because Shinoda's mind knows no rules when it comes to mash ups. 'Iridescent' was performed right after. In addition, a fan named David came onstage during 'Over Again' and sang with Mike throughout the show!

Watch Mike perform 'World's On Fire' for the very first time live in New York last night! I filmed the entire show from the front row - if you want to check out anything from the show,

Philadelphia has always been a great place for Linkin Park to play a show. One of the most popular shows in Philadelphia was 2011's A Thousand Suns World Tour stop, where an awesome video recording perfectly shows off the band's awesome V-shaped stage. Plus, epic performances of songs like 'When They Come For Me' and 'From The Inside' came from this show! The band's first stops in Philly in the year 2000 were some of the earliest they ever made on tour; the fourth stop of the band's first tour opening for the Union Underground was in Philadelphia, who must've put on such a good vibe that the band returned later the same year in December. The band returned early in 2001 for their very first headlining tour: the Street Soldiers Tour. They also returned later that same year, this time on the Family Values Tour. The band made one final Hybrid Theory era stop in Philly on Projekt Revolution 2002, an awesome show that featured DJ Z-Trip on 'It's Goin' Down,' as well as a cover of the Deftones' 'My Own Summer (Shove It).' The band made two stops in Philly on the Meteora World Tour, hitting it in 2003 on Metallica's 'Summer Sanitarium' Tour, and then once more the next year in 2004, at the start of their North American Tour. Philadelphia also hosted the band's famous 2005 Live 8 performance with Jay-Z, which is by far the biggest crowd the band has ever performed to: between 700,000 and 1,000,000 people were there.

See Linkin Park perform an awesome show in Philadelphia in 2011. Highlights of the show include the awesome production as well as a particularly great performance of 'From The Inside.'

As for tonight, who knows. There's literally no point in guessing anymore because Mike is doing whatever the hell he wants - and we love it! There's nothing like going into a show unsure of what's coming. Mike's winding down the list of songs to play on tour, knocking one off the Post Traumatic list (still missing 5: 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore,' 'Brooding,' 'Promises I Can't Keep,' 'a full 'Lift Off,' and 'Can't Hear You Now). Fans still really want to hear songs like 'No Roads Left' and 'High Voltage,' and who knows! They could be next! Even the soundcheck in New York showed us some interesting stuff: the first known full band version of 'Dedicated' was partially played, as well as 'Sharp Edges' with Matt on vocals and an unknown song that we can't quite identify. Will we see these songs performed live in the set today? Who knows! We've seen that it only takes literally one day of practice at soundcheck to perform something new, as we saw today with 'World's On Fire.' What will be next?

Who's going to this show? I met a lot of people at New York, and I'll be in Philly too and would love to meet more of you (or see some of you again)! If you're at the show and see me, come say hi! My face will probably be plastered all over our social media so check there for updates. And if you're there, you might not have too tough of a time finding me ;) After this show, Mike hits up Stroudsburg in western Pennsylvania before heading south down the east coast, with stops in North Carolina, Florida, and Georgia. We're only just beginning.

We'll be keeping you updated on everything that happens at this show, so be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world (a couple members from the Discord will be at this show - be sure to say hi)! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.

Did you've recorded Hold It Togheter and Sorry For Now?

Those are the only songs not in your YouTube playlist