Why the P:R's stopped?

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

I never knew why, they were awesome

a lot of great bands played there, the concept of mixing the rock & hip hop culture was great

can someone explain me?

It was so awesome for the bands that even Gerard Way married a girl of Mindless Self in the last date of the 2007 edition lol

Edited by LINKINJOZE

There's probably a lot of reasons involved - declining sales, the difficulties of organizing such a large scale multi-act tour...plus, they reached a point where touring under any name besides their own didn't bring in enough money to justify the increased production costs. I guess.

Too much competition from other big summer tours. There's smegging loads of them in America now- Mayhem, Uproar, Honda Civic, Carnival of Madness, Trespass- all of which have only really came up in the last few years.

The fact that LP aren't as big a presence in the media now doesn't help, very few bands can prop up festival tours all by themselves now anyway. Metallica are pretty much the biggest band in the world, and they only do one off events with Orion.

they were getting shorter and shorter, it looked likely to happen - the "europe" 2011 one was only 4 dates! :P

and yeah, as Ducko and SomedudeRemix said, I guess it's not economically viable, but on the other hand, the shed-load of big tours that go across the US now mean the band and their crew don't have to do it themselves, it's probably a bit less of a hassle and expense on their part to just say "yep, you do that stuff with accommodation, nation-wide promo and transport - we'll rehearse our songs and make sure our lighting looks pretty!"

It really sucks that PR ended. They were the shows of my childhood. I was 17 when I attended 3 PR 2007 shows and 18 when I attended 2 PR 2008 shows. Really great times. The best shows I have ever attended. All the bands that were on PR07 + PR08 were all the bands I grew up loving in my teenager years, I also graduated high school before PR 2008 and it was just epic. I love tours where you have to get there at noon to see all the bands, you can make a day long event out of it. But my guess was either declining sales or that LP simply doesn't want to tour as much anymore. I don't think we will ever see a PR again, sadly. I think LP will only do small US summer tours like they did with HCT. Who knows. Maybe HCT will be the new PR and they will play it multiple times.

The whole "touring festival" concept really fizzled out in the U.S. towards the later part of the '00s. Just look at what happened to the other big players in that market like Ozzfest and Lollapalooza. PR was actually one of the last ones that was still doing decent, and that was probably largely due to the numerous corporate sponsors they had pouring money into it.

For the most part, U.S. music fans don't really seem to be big on festivals anymore. They'd rather go to an evening show, see 2 to 4 bands, and call it a day.