Linkin Park Has Already Started Writing for Their Next Album

Bliss

Interview with MTV Mexico

Monterrey – It was their first time in the city, but Linkin Park knew beforehand that many awaited them.

“It was surprising to know that the public really wanted us here. We made the announcement and received thousands of messages applauding this decision”, said Chester Bennington in front of the media just minutes before taking part of MTV World Stage Monterrey.

Not only relaxed in the way they were dressed but also how they expressed themselves in front of the camera, Chester Bennington and David Farrell, vocalist and bassist of Linkin Park respectively, joked about their future in the music industry.

“Nobody knows what we’ll decide in the future, we might even sing mariachi in our next album”, joked the musicians.

The truth is that although there is no concrete date for the release of their new album, Linkin Park continues to work creating music that satisfies both professionally and personally.

“That is important for us, that the songs come from our feelings, our questions, our doubts. Creating music will always be a mystery and yes, we started to write but honestly we don’t know when we’ll enter the studio to record,” confessed Farrell.

“Our new album will come out in the future”, Bennington added sarcastically.

They surprised their thousands of followers on social networks with a cover of the classic song “Rolling In The Deep”, the Californians assure that it emerged at a whim in a moment of leisure between them.

“It wasn’t planned, with that sort of thing we like when it arises spontaneously and that’s how it was. When we least thought of it, we started playing it, I was singing and even though it isn’t the type of music we generally play, it resulted in a new experience and something different we could offer to fans,” stated Chester.

Concluding their participation in MTV World Stage Monterrey, Linkin Park will continue with their tour in which doesn’t include many Latin American countries.

Source: http://mikeshinodaclan.com/2012/09/l...agazine-scans/

Edited by Bliss

“Our new album will come out in the future”, Bennington added sarcastically.

No shit.. The most vague thing I've read recently..

EDIT: I just skimmed it, didn't realize the dose of humor beneath that statement until I read it again ^_^

Edited by jako

Kind of was a pointless interview, obviously LP is going to be releasing a new album sometime in the future.

I mean yes it is worthless but at the same time, now we know they started writing it. What if they never said anything (like Kanye West does nowadays) and we never knew they were writing it and a year or more goes by and we know nothing and only speculate Edited by Bliss

I mean yes it is worthless but at the same time, now we know they started writing it. What if they never said anything (like Kanye West does nowadays) and we never knew they were writing it and a year or more goes by and we know nothing and only speculate

I'm pretty sure with a radio-friendly giant like LP that would never happen. We'll always know when they're writing for a new album, when they're doing it.

I'm pretty sure with a radio-friendly giant like LP that would never happen. We'll always know when they're writing for a new album, when they're doing it.

Well, you could learn from an outside sources instead of the main artist. Kanye West does that nowadays and leaves us fans in the dark