It's official: "Living Things" debuts at Billboard #1

Billboard:

As projected last week, Linkin Park debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with its new album, "Living Things," ahead of the also-debuting "Overexposed" by Maroon 5 at No. 2.

However, the race for No. 1 turned out to be much closer than initially expected. Linkin Park starts with 223,000 while Maroon 5 enters with 222,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan. A little over 1,000 copies sold separates the two titles -- the smallest gap between Nos. 1 and 2 on the chart since the Dec. 11, 2011 tally.

Looks like we barely won lol.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/record-labe...007495152.story

Major credit to the team at LPA, here is more chartings.

UK

41,000 Units

Source: Billboard

Germany

Over 100,000 Units - Certified Gold

Source: Media Controll

Netherlands

Source: AllCharts

New Zealand

Source: NZ Top 40 Albums

Australia

Approx 35,000 Units - Certified Gold

Source: Aria Top 50 Albums

Ireland

Italy

Belgium

I don't think it's terrible...which is what I was saying "nonsense" to.

for 1, adam admitted to selling out on this cd. He said it straight out in the open in an interview. So if you like the cd, then you like sellout music in a sense (not totally true but yeah). 2nd, to me it personally sucks. It has some good songs. First 3 tracks and track 6, but it's very weak, and to me it's M5s worst album. Even a lot of M5 fans hate it.

Should've been called Adam Levine: Overexposed. Seriously, is there even a band there anymore? Like the last album, this one sounds like it was just him and a bunch of producers getting together to write the songs. Not to mention he's the only one in the music videos.

Should've been called Adam Levine: Overexposed. Seriously, is there even a band there anymore? Like the last album, this one sounds like it was just him and a bunch of producers getting together to write the songs. Not to mention he's the only one in the music videos.

This. I was also going to mention this but forgot. He's doing most of the work now and this sound is not their sound at all.

Yay congrats to the new record!! If I'm not mistaken did Living Things sell more than the last two albums in its debut?

no it did worse than both debuts. MtM debuted back when albums still had good debuts haha, and ATS sold about 241k first week which is more than LT. Edited by Bliss

for 1, adam admitted to selling out on this cd. He said it straight out in the open in an interview. So if you like the cd, then you like sellout music in a sense (not totally true but yeah). 2nd, to me it personally sucks. It has some good songs. First 3 tracks and track 6, but it's very weak, and to me it's M5s worst album. Even a lot of M5 fans hate it.

I like all music. Sellout or not.

I don't think it's terrible...which is what I was saying "nonsense" to.

Apparently it is terrible though. I mean the majority of their fanbase is shitting all over it. Also, I personally don't like Adam Levine. He seems like a total douchebag.

Edited by crazygolfer

Apparently it is terrible though. I mean the majority of their fanbase is shitting all over it. Also, I personally don't like Adam Levine. He seems like a total douchebag.

He is a douchebag that is in the business only for money not for making music he loves.

He is a douchebag that is in the business only for money not for making music he loves.

If I had the chance to produce mainstream music and get paid loads of money out of it, I would do it without even thinking about it.......

On topic, I did expect LT to be 1st.. Not a big surprise.. Well done!

If I had the chance to produce mainstream music and get paid loads of money out of it, I would do it without even thinking about it.......

On topic, I did expect LT to be 1st.. Not a big surprise.. Well done!

well, look at LP, they make music they want and are successful. M5 sold out, Adam admitted it. And i can tell it's a sellout. It sucks. Doesn't sound good at all besides a few songs, and it's become a one man show. Adam is so full of himself.

well, look at LP, they make music they want and are successful. M5 sold out, Adam admitted it. And i can tell it's a sellout. It sucks. Doesn't sound good at all besides a few songs, and it's become a one man show. Adam is so full of himself.

Yes. We get it. Sellout. Bad.