Living Things set for Billboard Number One

"Living Things" seems on course for a No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200 next week, with Maroon 5's "Overexposed" headed for a No. 2 arrival. Industry sources suggest "Living Things" could sell around 220,000 by the end of the tracking week on Sunday, July 1, while "Overexposed" will shift around 190,000 to 210,000.

Source/more info - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/genera..._billboard.html

Awesome news! Another Number 1 record for the band!

I always admired the love that the Ultimate Guitar users give to Linkin Park, It's very heart warming.

Or any local Alternative rock station outside KROQ.

Seriously everyone seems to say they hate LP, but it seems like a very very very small percentage do or else they wouldn't sell that many records....especially since their competition was Maroon 5....a much much much more popular band

Someone on their commented "They used to be innovative, now they just suck".

*sigh* people are stupid

Edited by anowak91

Or any local Alternative rock station outside KROQ.

Seriously everyone seems to say they hate LP, but it seems like a very very very small percentage do or else they wouldn't sell that many records....especially since their competition was Maroon 5....a much much much more popular band

Someone on their commented "They used to be innovative, now they just suck".

*sigh* people are stupid

It's especially stupid to me because I love Maroon 5 too, and their new album is awful, while their first 3 albums were good.

I've been going to UG.com for years because some of the articles they do are intriguing. A high percentage of the people on there are strictly Metal fans, most of whom know nothing about music outside that genre, and will trash anything that's even slightly different.

I've actually read some comments that are far worse than that. One person commented that he had listened to the album and said that there were "no guitars" on it. Another said: "Linkin Park should make a three piece out of Mike, Chester, and Joe because the others don't do anything anymore."

The one that really gets me shaking my head is when people comment: "They used to make good music, but now they've gotten progressively worse." Really? I didn't know adding piano, live strings, synths, folk, and odd structures to your music was "progressively worse" than the 3-4 note guitar riffs your songs were based on before.

It's laughable at times. Because these are the same people who say Linkin Park needs to "go back to the style of Hybrid Theory", but say bands like Disturbed, AC/DC, and even Metallica need to "do something different".

Glad it's up for the #1 :D

I've been going to UG.com for years because some of the articles they do are intriguing. A high percentage of the people on there are strictly Metal fans, most of whom know nothing about music outside that genre, and will trash anything that's even slightly different.

I've actually read some comments that are far worse than that. One person commented that he had listened to the album and said that there were "no guitars" on it. Another said: "Linkin Park should make a three piece out of Mike, Chester, and Joe because the others don't do anything anymore."

The one that really gets me shaking my head is when people comment: "They used to make good music, but now they've gotten progressively worse." Really? I didn't know adding piano, live strings, synths, folk, and odd structures to your music was "progressively worse" than the 3-4 note guitar riffs your songs were based on before.

It's laughable at times. Because these are the same people who say Linkin Park needs to "go back to the style of Hybrid Theory", but say bands like Disturbed, AC/DC, and even Metallica need to "do something different".

It's sad people can't look out of the box these days and also are always hating. I mean loads of people always complain that the HT days should come back, but if LP would have been on HT part 5 at the moment, I bet the same people would have complained about how boring and repeative they would have got. Some people can never be satisfied and grab every little thing to hate.

Seems the album will have first week sales roughly the same as those of A Thousand Suns, which is very good considering how music sales have dropped even since then.

Well let's hope it has better sales than ATS.

Well let's hope it has better sales than ATS.

ATS released at number 1 on Billboard 100, Alternative, and Rock albums. (Billboard as source)

In the first week of release it sold 241,000 copies (Billboard as source)

Since it's release it has sold 845,000 copies in the US and 1,700,000 worldwide and the RIAA has certified it Gold. Source - Rolling Stone Magazine

ATS sold amazingly, its just some people hate it, and others like it.

I personally love it.

But to say it didn't sell well is just blatantly wrong.

I think most people cite it as not selling well relative to HT/M

and that's probably true :lol:

HT also has the most selling rock album of the decade....anything doesn't sell well next that.

They've also been out for between 8-10 years....

While ATS has only been out like 2.

MTM on the other hand has the Highest first week sales of the year when it was released with 625,000 albums. Worldwide it has sold over 8 million copies.

Meteora has sold over 11 million worldwide

HT has sold over 24 million worldwide.

quick off-topic rant. The next time someone says LP has sold out, give these stats. With those amounts LP has not sold-out they have done the opposite. Selling out entails having extremely high sales.....they haven't.

/rant

but yeah HT sold Fucktons, Meteora sold Shittons, and MTM sold Shittons.

ATS hasn't been out long enough to sell that amount, and it's an album that probably wouldn't sell well, due to the lack of very generic songs for singles.

Edited by anowak91

ATS released at number 1 on Billboard 100, Alternative, and Rock albums. (Billboard as source)

In the first week of release it sold 241,000 copies (Billboard as source)

Since it's release it has sold 845,000 copies in the US and 1,700,000 worldwide and the RIAA has certified it Gold. Source - Rolling Stone Magazine

ATS sold amazingly, its just some people hate it, and others like it.

I personally love it.

But to say it didn't sell well is just blatantly wrong.

Of course I was speaking relatively. MTM sold three times as much in its first week, though.

Look at LP's other three albums before ATS. Hell, take out HT and you've still got an enormous drop from previous albums to ATS.

It sold well overall, but by LP standards, no, it didn't.

Given that music sales are in a constant state of decline from year to year (overall average), I think it's safe to say this performed very well. Two years have passed since A Thousand Suns was released, and this sold an almost identical amount in its first week to what ATS did. That would be a pretty decent achievement when all other factors remain constant, but taking into account declining music sales and I'd say that's a massive achievement.

I had no idea that MTM did so well. It's pretty awesome though, that was my favorite LP album, and the entire cycle was awesome.

Anyways, congrats to LT doing well. It's also a great album. I'm thinking once LITE is released as a single and once the Honda tour gets rolling, the album will sell a lot of copies off of those two things alone.