A very important announcement from your friends in Julien-K

DKB1994

"As many of you know, our brother and comrade in arms Elias is having a NEW baby.

This is fucking GREAT news. It is proven thus far, that Elias and Cenci make AMAZING babies (see Jake Rodriguez for a prime example of perfect baby boy – a boy that owns his uncle Ryan’s heart).

This amazing news … complicates things for Julien-K. Elias has let us know that he needs to be with his new family – at least for the next year or so – until they get a foothold in this world – he cannot tour until he knows they are ok with him leaving so often. And you know what? We agree wholeheartedly. We absolutely support and love Elias and his family – and we are fucking THRILLED that Elias is a better man than…… many of our real fathers. In fact – I wish I had a birth father like Elias – I would probably be a much better (happier) person if he was! Family is important, and Elias, Cenci, Jake, and (insert perfect baby name here) are OUR family, and we want to encourage them to be great parents.

It is with tears (of joy AND of missing him in advance) that I announce that Jan 21st will be Elias’ last show with Julien-K for the foreseeable future.

We have been working with Elias for weeks regarding mutual close friends/potential drummers to determine who will be his (temporary??) replacement.

One thing we can guarantee: no one will replace him. No one will be “better” than him. Someone… will be DIFFERENT than him. And it will be fucking cool – and it will be someone that Elias has helped us pick.

Elias will always be a member of Julien-K. The door will always be open to him if and when he feels he can commit to touring again, and we will remain in close contact with him just like we always have. We are closer than we have ever been. We are in total solidarity of this lucky new father that we respect and love.

Looking forward to seeing you all this year on tour…. I’m sure your all wondering what were going to do this year on tour???? I guess we’ll have to see!

Here’s to the future, and to our brother Elias and his new family!

RS"

Thoughts?

Sad to hear that Elias is going to be out of the picture for quite a while (if not permanently), as he's an incredibly talented drummer/musician in geneal, but it's refreshing to see a band putting a situation like this in such a positive light. The Julien-K guys really seem to have their heads in the right place.

That sucks a little, but it's good to hear that we will be back at some point. I think he's the most connective guy of the band to the fans imo, at least at the shows. He's always walking around somewhere, and likes to hang out with fans.

He's indeed a great drummer, I wonder who'll replace him.

Elias is one of the coolest people I have ever met. He gave me his drumstick that he used at Ulalume in 2009 and I took a picture with him, he was totally cool. Great, great drummer. I love his work in JK and DBS and this will greatly affect my love for JK's music. He is a crucial part...

How sad. Didn't know this was the Julien-K forum on Julien-K live.com.

You know what? Consider yourself lucky that I'm not staff here anymore. I swear to fucking God, there should be an auto-ban rule for bitching about shit like this. Fuck off.

You know what? Consider yourself lucky that I'm not staff here anymore. I swear to fucking God, there should be an auto-ban rule for bitching about shit like this. Fuck off.

... and that would be dope, no doubt.

back on topic... it's great to know that Elias will be father :D. far as I've heard I love his work on drums so well, It'll be missed, hopefully he will comeback someday =)

I'm not a Julien-K fan, but supreme LOL at everyone acting so stupid over Julien-K news (big news at that) on an LP forum. And that's directed to both sides of the field actually.

I am however a DBS fan which has its similarities. From everything I've heard, Elias was one of the most approachable and friendly guys in the group when it came to fan interaction. It's always sad to see a core member of band step down (even if temporary) so my condolences go out to Julien-K fans.