Vocal Range of Chester Bennington

Pez

I just found something interesting and I though I should share it. Some people may have seen it some people may have not...but anyway

This is a video which shows the vocal range of Chester. It doesnt show off every note but it does give you quite a good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbeV_8SD5uU

Its nothing to Chris Cornells (the one I listened to before this) but it is quite impressive.

there's a video where you can test your own voice. I'm a E2-C5. So I guess I'm a baritone.

Oddly enough, my comfortable range is pretty consistent with Chester's - G2-E5. I can get down as low as E2 occasionally (typically only when I've just woken up, or if I'm sick), and I can squeak out a few notes above E5, I think A5 is my absolute max, but it hurts pretty bad, haha.

as if we needed proof chester's vocal range was epic!

I'm around E3-C5 (alto?) but i wasn't doing it to any full volume or capacity since i got people in the house and i was sitting down haha

I can usually reach lower if i've just woken up - like astat. and it's pretty easy to warm up to other songs and expand that range

Curious about Mike's.

good point actually,

without sitting through all the songs he sings on and endlessly playing piano notes I'm not sure if there's any other way to find out...

google has failed me!

he seems much more limited than Chester - considering how he said it's a struggle to sing No Roads Left live... I'd say he's a tenor (since he's definitely not a bass!) but I really don't know

Edited by LGraham

Curious about Mike's.

good point actually,

without sitting through all the songs he sings on and endlessly playing piano notes I'm not sure if there's any other way to find out...

google has failed me!

he seems much more limited than Chester - considering how he said it's a struggle to sing No Roads Left live... I'd say he's a tenor (since he's definitely not a bass!) but I really don't know

Yeah I couldnt find anything for Mike but hes actually pretty good. Live hes a bit scratchy but in the studio he can pull off some killer notes.

Have a listen to 4:50 and beyond in The Catalyst (The album version) and thats actually him doing all the high notes in the background. Pretty impressive if you ask me for someone who wasn't really a singer.