LPAmerican Suspended

lgr

I don't know when, but I certainly know why.

LPAmerican (confusingly referred to as LPA) has been suspended - and I suspect this is since the site was hosting DSP audio shows for free download.

proof that no site is safe - stay sensible LPLers

:)

From their twitter:

"O site está off e ainda não temos previsão de retorno. Estamos tendo problemas com nosso servidor."

"The site is off and we are not expected to return. We are having problems with our server."

EDIT: They say they will come back :)

Edited by vyonizr

From their twitter:

"O site está off e ainda não temos previsão de retorno. Estamos tendo problemas com nosso servidor."

"The site is off and we are not expected to return. We are having problems with our server."

EDIT: They say they will come back :)

yeah but the "we are not expected to return" could imply something else went wrong :/

all i'm saying is, they were hosting DSPs on their site. and the page for their site now just has the words "account suspended".

"suspended" implies more than just server problems - plus I don't use twitter at all I think it's a total waste of time...

If they actually got DMCA'd by Warner for hosting DSPs, there'd be a takedown notice when you visit the website. The generic "account suspended" notice usually means they did something that whoever was hosting the website didn't approve of (which is consistent with their "having issues with the server" explanation), which could mean any number of things. I really doubt this is something that specifically has to do with DSPs.

On a side note, I've never understood why this website is called "LP American" when it's a Brazilian website.

Edited by Astat

If they actually got DMCA'd by Warner for hosting DSPs, there'd be a takedown notice when you visit the website. The generic "account suspended" notice usually means they did something that whoever was hosting the website didn't approve of (which is consistent with their "having issues with the server" explanation), which could mean any number of things. I really doubt this is something that specifically has to do with DSPs.

On a side note, I've never understood why this website is called "LP American" when it's a Brazilian website.

on a side note not only the USA is America we all are americans too.

DMCA letters are sent to hosting providers, who can then chose to suspend an account.

I don't know why you would think that there would be a 'DMCA takedown notice' if you visit such a site.

The DMCA notice was on the front page when LPL hosted the What I've Done leak.