The Rob Bourdon Appreciation Thread

For my 700th post, I decided to do something I'd been thinking about for a while. Namely, starting a "Rob is Awesome" thread.

I honestly believe he is one of the most underrated drummers in rock today. So many LP songs have brilliant, unorthodox beats at their heart. With You, And One, Easier to Run, From the Inside, The Little Things Give You Away are the examples I can think of off the top of my head, but there are many others. He's not particularly flashy, but he does what a drummer should do, keep the beat and the energy of the song going.

Plus, as we know from his Bleed It Out live drum solo, he's also a very good "flashy" drummer when he needs to be. So we should all be appreciative of Rob, bashing away at his kit at the back of the stage. Though he's not always the most obviously prominent member of the band, he is nonetheless an enormous, under-appreciated talent.

That will be all. Thankyou.

I was honestly thinking last week that some of the stuff he comes up with is really unique. Like a lot of drummers (AC/DC to name one) use pretty simple beats and do so for numerous songs. I actually cant find a song where his drum pattern is almost identical to another song. I also say the same thing comparing him to other artists. Like I dont think theres an another unique drum pattern out there like the one he plays in TLTGYA. Hes pretty good.

Go listen to songs (especially the newer stuff) and listen to how complex his stuff is. Like theres a kick in the most unqiue place that even an average drummer like myself cant play without somewhat going out of time. Better yet the entire Catalyst base drum line is just a single pedal, no chance I can play that. I have a lot of respect for him.