How LPU Cd's have changed and LPU11

It's possible that we'll get the unfinished version on one of the LPU CD's. I doubt they'll go back and finish it. Across the Line was finished during the MTM sessions and Blackbirds likely was too since we have clips that sound just like the finished version (IIRC). I'll bet they were mastered later for their releases, though.

I hated when Blackbirds was released last year, and a lot of people kept telling me I was wrong that it was from Minutes To Midnight. You can CLEARLY hear the song on the Making Of MTM DVD, and Mike even stated it was from the Minutes To Midnight era. If they finished it up to the point on the DVD (it had vocals and they had people recording strings for it), it must have been one of the tracks that didn't make the final cut, which means it was probably finished, just not chosen for the release.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right man I've heard it on the MTM DVD, but it's sound different like a demo and had other lyrics, it was unfinish at that time. So I think they recorded again with other lyrics.

I hate when they do that. Why do they feel the need to re-do the lyrics and everything for MTM demos? Why not just release the MTM demo. LOL. Blackbirds, Pretend To Be and Not Alone were all reworked MTM songs, but if I were to make a MTM CD with b-sides, they wouldn't really be b-sides because they were re-worked in years WAYY later.

LP or better I say Mike is a perfectionist that's the reason. Wehen they realease something then it doesn't have any mistake on it.

Yeah, I guess. I mean, I like those songs that they re-worked a lot, I just would think it'd be cool to have the original versions. I love the melody in Blackbirds, I think the different lyrics would be cool.