Grey Daze

jarmany

Hello,

I'm looking for some Grey Daze music, information, photos, or anything to relate to them. I've been wondering what Chester's old band was like, but I never want to spend countless hours on the internet just to find something. If you could supply me with some of their songs in mp3 format, that would be great.

Not allowed:

1. Officially released audio or video of any band/artist in any format, in print or out of print, whether released for sale worldwide or to a limited area or limited to a certain number of pressings/units sold, including but not limited to:

Grey Daze tracks from Wake Me, No Sun Today and demos; Sean Dowdell & His Friends (demos)

You can still ask for photos, etc...

since when are demo's officially released? Especially the one's from Grey Daze.

It's just that, I think Sean, was against sharing of GD music freely on the Internet. So it's against our rules.

there is grey daze demos?

There are Grey Daze Demos.

It's just that, I think Sean, was against sharing of GD music freely on the Internet. So it's against our rules.

We had requests from both Sean Dowdell and Jon Krause to not allow GD tracks to be shared here, so we complied.

We had requests from both Sean Dowdell and Jon Krause to not allow GD tracks to be shared here, so we complied.

(let me laugh for a bit; sort of at this thread, but mostly at this new revalation)

Thats pretty dumb IMO, considering how much money those tracks will make them in the future now. Especially the demo's. Didn't Sean share like, an updated version of ... No Sun Today on the LPA not too long ago? No one would know/care about this music anyway if it wasn't for Chester's success.

Well, that's not really me arguing the point, just venting my frustration more or les. But hey, thanks for the heads up!

Hello,

I'm looking for some Grey Daze music, information, photos, or anything to relate to them. I've been wondering what Chester's old band was like, but I never want to spend countless hours on the internet just to find something. If you could supply me with some of their songs in mp3 format, that would be great.

Hopefully you'll come back so I don't waste my time.

Anyway, OP, since nobody else here was any help, this thread is a pretty good starting point: http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5916

As for the music, you won't find it here obviously, but its not hard to find, just look around elsewhere.

Thats pretty dumb IMO, considering how much money those tracks will make them in the future now.

And that right there is the point. They want to be able to sell them if they choose to do so in the future and not have them distributed for free by anyone with the CDs and a connection to the internet.

The LPA release was authorized by Sean, if memory serves me, but that's neither here nor there as what happens on other sites is not under our control here.

• 2 weeks later...

And that right there is the point. They want to be able to sell them if they choose to do so in the future and not have them distributed for free by anyone with the CDs and a connection to the internet.

The LPA release was authorized by Sean, if memory serves me, but that's neither here nor there as what happens on other sites is not under our control here.

You have misconstrued what I said, and only picked at one part... First of all I'm not arguing at all with what you are saying, and its not like I'm going to run to megaupload with both CDs and upload it all and plaster it all over the forum.

All I was saying is, that there is no chance of those songs ever making significant money in the foreseeable future, and paying ridiculous amounts for an actual CD on eBay that may end up being a fake repressing just seems dumb to me. That's all. Also, I was just bringing up the whole LPA thing to illustrate that they obviously aren't worried about making money with those BECAUSE that band member gave permission for them to be shared there for that period of time. I'm also quite aware you guys aren't responsible for what shows up on other websites.

However, I understand that it is their music, and they can do what they want with it. I just don't agree with their stance for reasons I just stated. Especially keeping in mind that their demo's aren't available on any CD I know of.

Overall I was just making light conversation, sharing my opinion... MISTAKE!

Edited by BlacK0uT

Especially keeping in mind that their demo's aren't available on any CD I know of.

Apologies for picking a small portion again, but this is the only portion that I feel the need to comment on...

Any materials, including demos, even if not officially released for sale are considered the intellectual property of the artist or band who recorded them or in some cases are also under the control of their respective label, depending on the agreements they have in place. Never assume that just because a track isn't on a CD that it's a freebie. ;)