23.08.2008 - Dallas, TX Projekt Revolution

thecodeman

This show was awesome - my third LP concert in 4 years (would have been 4 for 4). We went just to see Chris Cornell and LP play. Was really cool to see Chris and hear his songs live. Street Drum Corps came out and did the sweet intro to One Step Closer (it was glow in the dark / blacklight). Chris came out and did Aaron's harmonies for Crawling, as Chester came out in the trusty wife-beater for the high parts of Hunger Strike. This one was different for me as they had the regular encore break, then two songs, followed by another break while they setup Rob's drum kit at the front of the stage. I thought they were taking the stage down so we left (my wife was 3 months pregnant at the time, you know how that goes). Sure enough, they come back and he does his solo and Bleed It Out. Didnt have pit tickets but sure would have liked to have stayed and tried to get some of the cash :)

One thing I note in listening to the DSB recording, is that chester's voice seems really "tired". Guess it's a good thing this was the second to last show. He seems to sing parts more than scream them. Hope he takes care of himself!

http://lplive.net/shows/20080823.php

• 7 months later...