Leave Out All The Rest in CSI

thefly

Couldn't find an existing topic about this, so I hope this is the right place to open one ...

Last thursday was the Leave Out All The Rest CSI episode. At the end there was a nice short remix, only some seconds (or maybe it continued over the credits, my version, well, ended there ;)) that had some strings added to it and the chorus had a more acoustic feel to it, really good.

I just can't get the audio ripped with the tools I have at hand here, maybe someone else could do it, or already has done so? Thanks a lot ...

there is a way to rip it, first tape it with either recorder or with vhs. then use machine (forgot name, getting it christmas) to put tape audio on cd, then put cd in comp and rip and then upload. with vhs, put in on dvd (another machine) put in comp, remove audio, upload.

Couldn't find an existing topic about this, so I hope this is the right place to open one ...

Last thursday was the Leave Out All The Rest CSI episode. At the end there was a nice short remix, only some seconds (or maybe it continued over the credits, my version, well, ended there ;)) that had some strings added to it and the chorus had a more acoustic feel to it, really good.

I just can't get the audio ripped with the tools I have at hand here, maybe someone else could do it, or already has done so? Thanks a lot ...

That wasn't a remix. It was just the album version with everything but the vocals, keyboards, and strings removed from it.

That wasn't a remix. It was just the album version with everything but the vocals, keyboards, and strings removed from it.

And different strings added. But even withouth them, if you have a song and remove certain "layers", isn't that a remix as well? Sure not much work done, but it's still a different mix, so ...

And different strings added. But even withouth them, if you have a song and remove certain "layers", isn't that a remix as well? Sure not much work done, but it's still a different mix, so ...

Those strings sound like they're in the album version to me. In order for a song to qualify as a remix, it has to have something in it that's not present in the original version, at least in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Those strings sound like they're in the album version to me. In order for a song to qualify as a remix, it has to have something in it that's not present in the original version, at least in my opinion.

i disagree. The CD version has the sound 'mixed' into that way with each layer at a volume. the version in the show has volume levels on the layers (the the extent of not being heard) so it has been 're-mixed'

thats my take.

was it any good?

Not sure what you mean; didn't care much for the CSI episode itself. But this download of mine is not the episode, it's just an mp3 of the slightly remixed snippet of LOATR from the episode's end, in case there's a confusion ...