Brad Delson Guitar World

Pez

We'll we've all known Brads Been in Guitar World quite a few times and does have a video explainning his gear and what not.

Well After a little research I found a issue he was in which I have come across before.

this is the best Shot ive seen of it so far yet i still cant read it.

Anyone have a better scan and/or a issue date etc.

http://www.swollenpickles.com/images/BradDlinkinpark.jpg

If you watch the live performances on the Collision Course DVD, you can clearly see his Marshall JCM sitting at the back of the stage. My understanding of it is that he used both the JCM and the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier for distorted parts so he could have a thicker sound (as well as have his distorted parts routed in stereo), but all of his clean parts and anything with a lo-fi effect on it only came out of the Dual Rectifier.

I still think that rig gave him the best guitar sound he's ever had.

Yeh personally i hate the sound he Had live back in HT days. Studio wasn't to badd but when it come live it didn't compare to what he has now.

Also i prefer the clean he has at Live and texas then he does now.

If you watch the live performances on the Collision Course DVD, you can clearly see his Marshall JCM sitting at the back of the stage. My understanding of it is that he used both the JCM and the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier for distorted parts so he could have a thicker sound (as well as have his distorted parts routed in stereo), but all of his clean parts and anything with a lo-fi effect on it only came out of the Dual Rectifier.

I still think that rig gave him the best guitar sound he's ever had.

Do you mean the guitar sound as in this video?

I think his guitar sounds really awesome here, especially when it comes in at 1:13

Do you mean the guitar sound as in this video?

I think his guitar sounds really awesome here, especially when it comes in at 1:13

I don't specifically mean Collision Course itself as much as I mean the entire 2003-2006 era in general. Official releases are always cleaned up so they can be a bit deceptive, but if you were to compare two audience recordings of the same song from say, 2004 and 2008, the 2004 one would have a far better guitar sound in my opinion.