FM or DBS

JoeyLP

If you where asked by Mike to go see Fort Minor live for free and he got enough people they would record another album, and then asked by Chester to go see Dead By Sunrise live for free, which one would you go to?

Basically, do you like Fort Minor or Dead by Sunrise?

I'd pick Fort Minor, all the songs on the album are great, but on Dead By Sunrises's album, I only like a few of the songs.

Fuck...that's an impossible question for me.

I LOVED Fort Minor when it came out...I used to listen to We Major, The Rising Tied, The Militia tracks, AOL Sessions, The Street Team Sampler, The remixes, everything, all the time. I saw Fort Minor in Boston too, back in the start of 2006, and I have to say that it was one of the best shows I've been to still, to this day. They kick ass live.

As for Dead By Sunrise, I fucking love every song on Out Of Ashes to death. I used to play Let Down (Live from 2005) and the Morning After remix like everyday, then when Walking In Circles and My Suffering from Club Tattoo 08 were recorded, I listened to those all the time immediately after that show too. I also saw Dead By Sunrise live twice, once in NYC, and the second time at the Ulalume festival and they both were fucking awesome and a real lot of fun. A lot of the songs on Out Of Ashes relate to me in ways, so I guess that could be partially why I love the album, the other part being because it's so melodic and moody which is what I like about it the most I guess.

I think I'm gonna have to go with Fort Minor on this one though. In the long run, I'm still more of a Mike fan than Chester even though recently I've been way more into Chester's stuff. Mike is fucking amazing, simply put. He is a musical genius and he's a fucking awesome artist too. I remember back in 2005, I went to a local FYE to buy The Rising Tied special edition and the guy that rang me up said ''I'm not a Linkin Park fan at all but I love this album. I'm not a fan but anything that Mike Shinoda does turns to gold, if that makes sense'' or something to that extent, and he is right.

Edited by Geki

Easily I've got to say Fort Minor, when I first heard Where'd you go, It just resonated with me! Many others I liked including get me gone which was interesting, Kenji, Red to Black, Cigarettes, Feel like Home, and Remember the Name were my big favorites off the Rising Tide. To me, while I liked Out of Ashes, there wasn't anything that wow'ed me about it like The Rising Tide did.

Easily I've got to say Fort Minor, when I first heard Where'd you go, It just resonated with me! Many others I liked including get me gone which was interesting, Kenji, Red to Black, Cigarettes, Feel like Home, and Remember the Name were my big favorites off the Rising Tide. To me, while I liked Out of Ashes, there wasn't anything that wow'ed me about it like The Rising Tide did.

Yeah - I agree with that.

undoubtedly FM!!!

mike's rapping is damn amazing. i originally dont really like rap, but mike's style is just different that fascinates me. i like most of the songs in the rising tied. 4 DBS, i think julien-k is not really a good band. ryan's backing vocals is not good. and only some of the DBS songs (fire, morning after, my suffering, too late) catches my attention, the rest are not too good. the screaming/hard singing in DBS songs are not as charming as those in LP.