Thoughts on the end of the M2M Tour?

LPPRJKT4

Well with the M2M tour having finally come to a close (well except for the TBA makeup date for the Vegas gig), everyone is left with a mixed feeling of happiness and sadness. It has been an interesting two years, personally, I think LP's best touring cycle. They returned with a bang and ended their cycle with a bang. All of the fans who had waited so long on news of LP from 04-07 were finally satisfied with their enormous comeback. What are your thoughts on the M2M touring cycle? Feel free to post your thoughts on anything, whether it be the energy of the band durin concerts, rare songs they played, the introduction of mixed set lists, or your favorite tour / show in general! My personal fav was the wide selection of rarities and mid-rarities they played, which I will post rite now. At least these are the songs I think were rare for both Projekt Revolution Tours.

Projekt Rev. 07 Rarities and Mid-Rarities

Qwerty (Rarity)

Cure for the Itch (kinda a mid-rarity but im considerin it a rarity since this is the first time it was played throughout a full tour.

Hands Held High (Mid-Rarity)

Hybrid Theory EP Related (Songs never played in full, but Step Up and High Voltage were mashed up w/ Points of Authority a few times, and it this marks the first time we have heard any of those songs since 02. Rarity)

Julien-K full set (Chester took over for Ryan because he had to attend a wedding and sung the full Julien-K set, Rarity because this was only done once.)

Projekt Rev. 08 Rarities and Mid-Rarities

Pushing Me Away (Studio or Album Version, the set-list lists it as album version but most hardcore fans just call it studio version, played this year for the first time since the last show of 02! a mid-rarity durin the Summer European tour but a rarity durin PR08)

We Made It (Mid-Rarity because it was only played a few times due to Busta Rhymes leaving the tour)

Cure for the Itch (At first mid-rarity but after Busta left, a regular in the sets which killed the point of the song in my opinion.)

The Outsider (Feat. Chester Bennington)- this is not an LP song, it is an Ashes Divide song, but Chester Bennington came out on the song three times during the tour so I put it as a rarity.

I loved 2007's touring year more than this year's, TBH. PR07 was just incredible, I loved every single band on that tour. I went to the shows in Mansfield, Hartford and Syracuse, all equally great. Well, except for Syracuse since I was sick for some parts of the day and they didn't play Don't Stay or do a drum solo in BIO. 2008 was awesome as well, too, though. I loved the MTM arena tour. I went to the show in Manchester, NH and it was awesome, probably my second favorite show that I've ever been to. It sucked that Chester got sick on this tour though. PR08 was awesome. I went the opening day of the tour in Mansfield and then Hartford, which was like the 4th show of the tour or something. Mansfield was awesome, the weather was sunny and in the 90's all day and every band was awesome. I then found out that my tickets weren't pit tickets after all so I was bummed and I had to watch the band from seats which SUCKED ASS. They still did a great setlist though, I was the first to see Hunger Strike, S.D.C. intro and WMI in front of a real crowd. Hartford was amazing too. We watched most of the Revolution Stage but left during the middle of Atreyu's set so we could be front row for the main stage. All the main stage bands were incredible again except for Ashes Divide which I didn't really love, but they were still really cool. When LP came on and OSC started there was like a wave of the crowd and I got knocked down, it was awesome. Then I actually had to leave due to dehydration... which really sucked. I regret it times like 100000000000 now, but I possibly would have died if I didn't leave. Oh well, there's always the next touring cycle. I was then going to drive up to Ohio with my friend but he basically bailed and we didn't get to go, that sucked worse than anything because I already bought the tickets and everything.

Edited by Geki

Awesome dude, i was supposed to go to Bamboozle too but cudnt get tics =(. I saw them in madison sq. garden this febuary, and was also gonna go to holmdel but my friend canceled two fucking days before the show, i was really pissed lol its the last time WMI was played live.

Awesome dude, i was supposed to go to Bamboozle too but cudnt get tics =(. I saw them in madison sq. garden this febuary, and was also gonna go to holmdel but my friend canceled two fucking days before the show, i was really pissed lol its the last time WMI was played live.

I actually was going to go to Madison Square Garden but I didn't go, because my girlfriend threatened to break up with me if I went. Long story, but basically she thought since I had already seen LP 4 times at that point and I just saw them in Manchester that I didn't need to go. I would have went if I had known Jay-Z was going to be there...I would have excepted the consequence, but fuck it.

Edited by Geki

not my favorite LP cycle, i still think they owned back in 2004, prolly we'll never see that again, anyway, good shows, but they need to improve.

Duh lol, 03-04 was the climax of their career. Those were the two years when they had to pull everything together to make it big like they are now, of course they'd go all out.

O and Geki, i went w my sis and my brother in law they were the ones who got me tics for a new years present, my brother in law predicted Jay-Z wud be there lol cuz "NY is Jay-Z's home." It was funny the crowd went mad and he was just standin w a look on his face tht said, not too unexpected lol. They weren't as hyped as the rest of us were tho cuz they saw LP/JZ at Live 8 when they still lived in PA, and they did not invite me which I still nv fully forgave them for lol.

not my favorite LP cycle, i still think they owned back in 2004, prolly we'll never see that again, anyway, good shows, but they need to improve.

Duh lol, 03-04 was the climax of their career. Those were the two years when they had to pull everything together to make it big like they are now, of course they'd go all out.

Duh, they were already famous n00b, thats why HT earned the status of best-selling album of 2001.

Hybrid Theory EP Related (Songs never played in full, but Step Up and High Voltage were mashed up w/ Points of Authority a few times, and it this marks the first time we have heard any of those songs since 02. Rarity)

they did part of step up in 04 as part of the hip-hop medley, but your point is still valid, it's been a while

they did part of step up in 04 as part of the hip-hop medley, but your point is still valid, it's been a while

Ritteeee I forgot bout that my bad, lemme edit it.

Duh, they were already famous n00b, thats why HT earned the status of best-selling album of 2001.

I didn't say they weren't famous, but they weren't as big as like Disturbed, Metallica, or Deftones at the time. Sorry for double posting my bad.

• 10 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 8:49 AM, Wilderness said:

The only thought I have regarding this is that it wasn't only the end of the MTM tour, but the end of Geki's spirit. RIP Geki's spirit.

No truer thing regarding Geki has ever been said.