14.10.07 (Melbourne, Australia)

OZZY

Well when i heard about them touring i had to go. I didnt know about there 03 or 04 tour (cant remember what year lol). Also missed FM in 2006! So i brought tickets the first day they came out (i think it was 4mins after they went on sale) the bitch who served me gave me so much shit, because i wanted mosh tickets, so was a smartass and gave me tickets on about a 90 degree angle from the front of the stage up near the back. So i wasnt too happy leading upto concert. Well the days slowly went past, and the 14th came. My mate and myself caught the train to the city (Rod Laver Arena is like a 10min walk from the station). So we went to McDonald's for some food, and on the way to change my meal (they gave me the wrong meal) i ran into some guys who asked if i was going to see LP tonight. I said 'yeah dude' and asked if they were going also, which they were. So we chatted for a few minutes and parted ways. After eating we headed to the arena to buy some merch. Thats wear i brought my LPU6 package, and my awsome LP beanie hat.

With that all finished we waited for another 20mins or so for the gates to open, once they did it was i think 30mins to we could take our seats in the arena. So we waited around bored shitless haha. So we took our seats and i ran into some of my dads friends hot daughters lol. So i went over and sat with them during Chris Cornell and just flirted haha, i dont think anyone payed attention to him (poor guy haha). So after that i had to go to my seat because the people who had the seat i was in came. Soon after the lights went out and the NMS intro started. Talk about fucking epic when the guitars kicked in! Everybody was going off once the song kicked in. Oh yeah, some people brought beach balls in and where hitting them around during Cornell lol, it was funny security was full into it haha!

Back on to LP, like not one person was sitting down for the entire set, once Given Up came on, the shit hit the fan! My friend and me were totally rocking out, and i kept up with Chesters scream (although he did the 2 part i did the full, my first time aswell! How awsome!). I went off on Papercut and Points because they're 2 of my favourite tracks. Things settled down for SOTD but when WID started and the video played everyone was off again :) HHH like fuck! i love that track and it was so great Mike played it. Even though a majority didnt sing because they didnt know the words it was epic. I myself only sang what i had remembered at the time. Breaking The Habit has never sounded so good live, just with everyone singing in tune (well where i was atleast).

Next up on In The End, my friend and me got into a small fight because we planned on singing ITE like how we did for Music at school, i do Chesters Vocals, he does Mike. But that didnt happen lol. Bleed It Out was so much fun to sing live. I didnt do the singalong lol. I just sang in line with Chester haha. My friend was like WTF ARE DOING! My response was "IM SINGING WHATS IT LOOK LIKE? WOULD YOU PREFER A MONKEY HAVING IT OUT WITH AN ELEPHANT?" HAHA! It was random but funny. By the end of BIO my friend had lost his voice haha. I was laughing my head off! It was so funny because he tried singing OSC and Faint but failed. I enjoyed TLTGYA, it was my favourite song of the night! Its my favourite track of MTM so i was badass they played it after the encore, CFTI was surprising to hear, i didnt know they played that live. OSC and Faint were the right choice for closes, everybody was singing, the shit was so epic.

After the concert finished we called up my uncle and he picked us up. The other 2 people that came with us had Meteora in their bag so we chucked that on and kept the night alive haha. The next morning was funny, because the whole day i was just sitting in the computer technition room with Tim (Computer technition for the school, also an LP fan). He brought tickets on the net but was robbed (fake tickets) so he was pretty bummed about not going. I think the whole day we just spoke about the concert and my friend losing his voice and failing in life haha. Thanks for reading my review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did you purchase meet and greets? I tried everytime at the time except LPU since i didnt have an account until Jun this year. Email me sometime fellow Melbournians my.deliverance@live.com.au :)

you dont buy m&g's unless its auctioned off like for MFR or something. Other then tht LPU & lame radio contests are the only way to meet the band :)