September 6: Mike Shinoda Q101 Interview

LPLStaff

The day after the first show back in LA, Mike spoke to Q101 for 15 minutes virtually about the return of the band on stage, how it was performing with Emily and more. Mike mentioned that Emily got emotional on Waiting for the End and that he was nervous during the first part of the show. 

I am so excited about all these new things that keep happening! The interview was fantastic, Emily (to me) is a fantastic singer, and the energy the boys are feeling is priceless. Now I absolutely miss Rob and am kind of sad Brad is not a live performer now, but Linkin Park is always going to be Linkin Park to me. 

29 minutes ago, AccessibleProductions said:

I am so excited about all these new things that keep happening! The interview was fantastic, Emily (to me) is a fantastic singer, and the energy the boys are feeling is priceless. Now I absolutely miss Rob and am kind of sad Brad is not a live performer now, but Linkin Park is always going to be Linkin Park to me. 

The core of LP is still present, I was scared a female singer could throw LP into the generic pop of Mike’s recent stuff (HE, MIUAIG, In my head…) but instead we got an amazing talented singer with a powerful voice 

Speaking of the crying, there were emotional moments that didn’t show up on the stream. Mike had his eyes tightly closed and briefly out his hand to his face during Crawling as the fans were signing. Dave stopped to do the same during Numb. Very emotional.

On 9/8/2024 at 7:37 AM, vinifeijo said:

Weird how when he talks about Xero, he mentions everyone by name but Rob.

Like, purposely left aside.

No interviewers are asking about Rob. Sounds like the band really don't want to talk about it. 

I don’t think that’s indicative of anything negative, necessarily.

Mike addressed it with Zane Lowe. There’s nothing else to say, really. I definitely don’t think the band wants to answer “So what really happened with Rob?” during every interview.

Yeah, just, Rob probably didn't want to be in the band anymore and it's just that. To be honest, I don'remember a single interview with him during OML album cycle too, so maybe it's something that would have happened even if Chester didn't pass away, and the tragedy just accelerated" the process, or accentuated it.