Rob Bourdon Steps Away From Linkin Park

LPLStaff

12 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

When Linkin Park started sharing "Notes from the band" in 2022 Rob was on the signature list, so his departure must have been after that at least.

My theory is that he wasn't happy with the decision of choosing Emily as the lead (and only) vocalist.

Theh said that they tried working w other vocalists and Emily was meant to be a feature.

Probably Rob liked the idea of not having a permanent Vocalist and when they chose Emily he stepped away.

The timing of Robs departure makes sense w my theory.

I don't really know about that man.

Remember in the first interview from the comeback that Emily said they basicly asked her about being the singer for Linkin Park around september last year, before she went on vaccation.

That's when shit started to be real for LP at least.

But your theory could still also be true if it was before that time that they were continueing as LP that they at least were certain to perform, but maybe under a different name.

Eventually, one occasion where we could hear from Rob again would be if, in the distant future, some media outlets tracks him back and get an interview from him. And being the introvert, off-the-gird, person that he is, the odds are very high he'd decline any such thing.

Not counting on any further details about his departure, at least not any time soon. i wouldn't hold my breath on it.

I'm betting media have already hounded his reps for comments n questions n he just doesn't want anything to do or say anymore.

I do often wonder, (I have alot of time to either worry about life or wonder these type of things 😄 n I choose these),

If they paid him out like they did Talinda, he no longer has involvement, reps, nothing.

He owes the fans nothing, but it woulda been a perfect time to have a statement of thanks to us n good luck to the guys. Just something simple, no explanation necessary. Something.

We saw him last in 2020.

I do remember Mike, in his streams, saying "I couldn't get ahold of him. Rob's on another planet, I don't know where he is".

And another, when a fan asked why Rob didnt attend a live stream he was supposed to, he said, "It's a long story..I have no excuses or explanations."  The look on his face was a bit irritated IMO.

I'm also guessing they tired of chasing Rob to do things, participate, attend.

Now Colin is a dream come true for Mike. 

We'll never see him again.

They may be up for Rock Hall nominations next year. Be interesting if he would show for that, that's a big deal. 

I dunno.. just venting n wondering cuz I have nowhere else I can put my lame-o thoughts about it all. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks people!