Countdown on linkinpark.com

DCrecelius

26 minutes ago, Subs said:

Wrong.

It’s down to the guys to make the final say, yes.

is it LP without Chester ? Sound wise ? 
No.

Its not a matter of opinion really, the LP we know and love are gone.

yeah just like how it ain’t the Lakers without Magic Johnson 🙄 

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, BeardyWilderness said:

Again… It’s not up to you to decide if it’s Linkin Park or not. Just because you have an emotional connection to the topic, it doesn’t make you right.

It might not be hard to understand, but you’re still wrong, and I find that particular opinion that some of you have rather weird. It’s not the Linkin Park that you’re used to, but we know that it IS still Linkin Park.

None of this is new. Other bands have lost members, distinctive voiced singers and continued the band name, because at its core and anything outside of that, it’s still the same band but with a new vocalist/member.

No matter how much you want what you’re saying to be true, it never will be. That’s the fact, you don’t have to like it, but it’s factual.

Again, i already said theres no real right or wrong and that its up the band. Stop repeating that shit.

How can you say the word factual and then try to tell me its the same LP without chester ? 

Do you know what the word factually means. 

Factually the last iteration of the band is CB plus the 5.

41 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

yeah just like how it ain’t the Lakers without Magic Johnson 🙄 

Im british, i couldnt give a shit about sports that nobody else in the world likes

4 minutes ago, Subs said:

Again, i already said theres no real right or wrong and that its up the band. Stop repeating that shit.

How can you say the word factual and then try to tell me its the same LP without chester ? 

and factually the next iteration of the band is what gets announced Wednesday.. and it will be Linkin Park. 

14 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

I understand if you don't feel LP would be the same with a different singer, but nobody forces you to be on board with it, follow the band's new projects or socials or simply listen to whatever new material there may be. 

Being mad at the fact that this thing might just simply exists with the LP name is what gets people weirded out, not your personal feeling that you explained, I think.

I do have a huge interest in LP though ( obviously ) ive been listening to them since i was around 10, im 34 now. I went through every album era, have been lurking on LPA and LPL since early 00’s, and have been a pretty active part of the community since.

Im entitled to my opinion.

Its not my choice, its the band. Im not pretending anything else. I can have any opinion i want on the matter, just like everyone else does.

And mine is, it isnt Linkin Park in a literel sense or sonically, and you can all disagree or agree its a charged subject. I dont care what other bands have done. 

32 minutes ago, Subs said:

Wrong.

It’s down to the guys to make the final say, yes.

is it LP without Chester ? Sound wise ? 
No.

Its not a matter of opinion really, the LP we know and love are gone.

Well, I agree and disagree.

True. "Linkin Park" as we knew it - it's gone forever. It went with the passing of Chester.

But. "Linkin Park" as it will be - that's something entirely different, and only the people owning that name get to define it.

Now, the part that comes down to opinion is : is it reasonable to be interested in "Linkin Park" as it will be?  Personally, my answer is absolutely : yes. I know it will be a different thing, an entirely different chapter, and I may end up not even liking how it sounds. Only future will tell. But this is a band that has impacted me so much that, sure, I am absolutely thrilled to see where they will go from here, if only by curiosity. I definitely prefer that over, well, the end of everything.

9 minutes ago, Subs said:

Learn how to read man.

“It’s not the Linkin Park that you’re used to, but we know that it IS still Linkin Park.”

4 minutes ago, Subs said:

I do have a huge interest in LP though ( obviously ) ive been listening to them since i was around 10, im 34 now. I went through every album era, have been lurking on LPA and LPL since early 00’s, and have been a pretty active part of the community since.

Im entitled to my opinion.

Its not my choice, its the band. Im not pretending anything else. I can have any opinion i want on the matter, just like everyone else does.

And mine is, it isnt Linkin Park in a literel sense or sonically, and you can all disagree or agree its a charged subject. I dont care what other bands have done. 

Fine, but you are on a forum, so you have to be open to the fact that your opinion may clashes with others', even if you feel strongly and personal about it. That's what these communities are made for, after all

33 minutes ago, KiddIsAlive said:

Fine, but you are on a forum, so you have to be open to the fact that your opinion may clashes with others', even if you feel strongly and personal about it. That's what these communities are made for, after all

Thats fine, we are ALL entitled to an opinion.

People acting like mine was silly because I dared to say LP without Chester isnt LP ( literelly, symbolically, sonically ) is where I get pissed off. Like really, my opinion is probably the majority from what ive seen all over social media

36 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

Well, I agree and disagree.

True. "Linkin Park" as we knew it - it's gone forever. It went with the passing of Chester.

But. "Linkin Park" as it will be - that's something entirely different, and only the people owning that name get to define it.

Now, the part that comes down to opinion is : is it reasonable to be interested in "Linkin Park" as it will be?  Personally, my answer is absolutely : yes. I know it will be a different thing, an entirely different chapter, and I may end up not even liking how it sounds. Only future will tell. But this is a band that has impacted me so much that, sure, I am absolutely thrilled to see where they will go from here, if only by curiosity. I definitely prefer that over, well, the end of everything.

I agree with you on everything tbh, other than LP returning. You articulated it very well.

35 minutes ago, Subs said:

There's a bit of disrespect here...

I understand your point of view, there are people who say that LP is no longer the real thing since MTM was released.

There are people who said that they weren't blink-182 when Tom left and Matt Skiba came in, as a more recent example. And even without him, the band made great records and great live performances.

I understand that Chester was the voice of LP and that without him the band will never be the same. However, we have Shinoda, Brad and the other guys. Many bands have continued without their lead singer. Mike is a genius and I really want more from him with the other members. I'll be upset and sad if Rob isn't there (and he probably won't be), but nothing will make me happier than seeing the guys make new music with their signatures and it will be wonderful to see them live celebrating Chester's career and life. I think that's what it's about.

I understand your point and people should also be respectful of your opinion. The other 7 albums on the LP will always be there with Chester's voice for us to hear, but the band needs to move on. The world turns and life goes on...

Edited by HT_lash

23 minutes ago, Subs said:

Thats fine, we are ALL entitled to an opinion.

People acting like mine was silly because I dared to say LP without Chester isnt LP ( literelly, symbolically, sonically ) is where I get pissed off. Like really, my opinion is probably the majority from what ive seen all over social media

that’s not how you started this though. You came in already pissed off and acting like anyone who dares to call this Linkin Park is wrong, and then acted shocked that we disagreed and didn’t appreciate how you came busting in trying to gate keep what you think Linkin Park is. 

The fact is, Linkin Park is coming back with a new singer. That’s not an opinion. If you don’t like it that’s fine, but it does not change the fact that “Linkin Park” will continue to exist without Chester.

Just because it isn’t the exact same, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist at all anymore, and nobody here was trying to say that it would be the exact same.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and it’s completely fine that you feel that way. Just don’t be that weird guy that tells other people how to be a real fan, and that anyone who disagrees is wrong. Let those who are excited be excited. And then nobody will come back at you heated and we can all respect each others opinions and move on.

Edited by milkshake227

Just now, milkshake227 said:

that’s not how you started this though. You came in already pissed off and acting like anyone who dares to call this Linkin Park is wrong, and then acted shocked that we disagreed and didn’t appreciate how you came busting in trying to gate keep what you think Linkin Park is.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and it’s completely fine that you feel that way. Just don’t be that weird guy that tells other people how to be a real fan, and that anyone who disagrees is wrong. Let those who are excited be excited. And then nobody will come back at you heated and we can all respect each others opinions and move on.

I came at it saying i cant comprehend how people want LP without Chester, etc and so forth.

Then i got a lot of nonsense replies saying its not up to me, its not my choice, im wrong, im factually wrong , blah blah blah blah. Putting words in my mouth

The only one of you who truly made a good point was qwerty18.

Lets all just agree to disagree and respect our opinions. For all we know its just a tour anyway

37 minutes ago, Subs said:

I came at it saying i cant comprehend how people want LP without Chester, etc and so forth.

Then i got a lot of nonsense replies saying its not up to me, its not my choice, im wrong, im factually wrong , blah blah blah blah. Putting words in my mouth

Let’s all just agree to disagree and respect our opinions. For all we know its just a tour anyway

Once again, you were the one who came in first belittling anyone that might have a different onion and quite literally saying that we were “factually wrong” for disagreeing.

If you don’t see how your first posts come across as confrontational, then idk what to tell you buddy.

I really am sorry that you haven’t been able to move on and can’t come in to this next chapter of Linkin Park with an open mind, especially since this is clearly a band you are very passionate about. And I’m not saying this sarcastically. I get it, it’s hard, and everyone processes things like this differently. We all wish Chester was still here and know how important he was to the band. 

Edited by milkshake227

24 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

Once again, you were the one who came in first belittling anyone that might have a different onion and quite literally saying that we were “factually wrong” for disagreeing.

If you don’t see how your first posts come across as confrontational, then idk what to tell you buddy.

I really am sorry that you haven’t been able to move on and can’t come in to this next chapter of Linkin Park with an open mind, especially since this is clearly a band you are very passionate about. And I’m not saying this sarcastically. I get it, it’s hard, and everyone processes things like this differently. We all wish Chester was still here and know how important he was to the band. 

Regarding the first point, dont want to keep bringing this up, but here is my post below. Wilderness started the factual talk. I wasnt confrontational, people just didn't like my opinion. If your triggered over my opinion and think its a personal attack, then i will treat your response as equally provocative.

I will be around for this new era, but it will always be bittersweet for me, a cheap imitation of the old LP. I thought OML was the perfect swansong, tragically and not intentionally obviously.

OP

“ I honestly cant comprehend that people want new LP music. Chester is gone, LP is gone. Dont give me the whole “ there are 5 others in the band just as important “, you can replace pheonix but not chester.

I know ill never be ready, OML was the fitting end of LP. 

ill enjoy whatever they do and support them but it wont be Linkin Park “

Edited by Subs

I'll always support LP, I know that nobody is replacing Chester, he will be always there.

I'm really excited for everything, New Music, new tour, new LPU, new merch... 
I love Linkin Park and I know that the other band members are just trying to move forward. They deserve it, especially Mike.

41 minutes ago, Subs said:

Lets all just agree to disagree and respect our opinions. For all we know its just a tour anyway

16 minutes ago, milkshake227 said:

I really am sorry that you haven’t been able to move on and can’t come in to the new Linkin Park with an open mind, especially since this is clearly a band you are very passionate about. And I’m really not saying this sarcastically. I get it. It’s hard. 

At the risk of beating a dead horse, milkshake explains it well. "I can't comprehend how ppl think LP without Chester is LP" is belittling as it's the same type of messaging as "I can't comprehend how ppl think [insert any absurd conspiracy theory or dumb take here]". When that's the level you set, people are going to react in a way that matches that energy.

Linkin Park is a brand as much as it is the band of 6 guys we all love. This isn't like Mike Love and his friends instead of The Beach Boys due to ownership issues. It's the entire rest of the band with the two major creators (Mike and Brad). 

As someone who always loved Chester's side projects A LOT MORE than Mike's solo stuff (and even more than some LP stuff), taste is one thing, but say that LP is not LP without Chester is another thing completely and it's kinda wrong. We are probably facing a "rebuilding" of the band with at least 3 original members, one of them being Mike who has always been the core of LP creative decisions (no Mike = no ATS and no creative shift, pretty much)  and probably the same spirit LP always had of reinventing themselves. Chester was the heart of LP and that phase will always be iconic but a new era with another singer still being LP is something I am totally on board with. Will I like the new music ? Maybe or maybe not, but I don't think they are not LP anymore, otherwise we would be faling in the same logic of people saying "it's not LP" at every new direction (MTM, ATS, OML...)   

Edited by Somebodyangry

16 minutes ago, AParallelogramInTheSand said:

At the risk of beating a dead horse, milkshake explains it well. "I can't comprehend how ppl think LP without Chester is LP" is belittling as it's the same type of messaging as "I can't comprehend how ppl think [insert any absurd conspiracy theory or dumb take here]". When that's the level you set, people are going to react in a way that matches that energy.

Linkin Park is a brand as much as it is the band of 6 guys we all love. This isn't like Mike Love and his friends instead of The Beach Boys due to ownership issues. It's the entire rest of the band with the two major creators (Mike and Brad). 

Its not belittling. Im not saying “ You guys must be retards if you want LP without Chester “

All your feelings are valid guys, your opinions, its an emotional subject for all, i dont think its a black and white topic. 

Ive received a few DM’s in support, and someone hit the nail on the head perfectly there. It just seems people want to argue in here. I never said, for example, that it was up to me as a fan to decide that this is or isnt Linkin Park. I can have my opinion on it, but i doubt Mike Shinoda really gives a shit what i think. But the next two replies I got basically said i was saying that, putting words in my mouth.

Can we just agree that whatever our thoughts are on the subject we are one big fanbase and we can express our opinions freely.

Ill still listen to LP 2.0, but i can also have the opinion it isnt Linkin Park. 

Edited by Subs

It's ok to express opinions like "i don't like this song" or "i don't like this lyrics", it's not ok to say things like "this is not Linkin Park".  That's not an opinion, that's a statement that no one has control of.

We went through "This is not Linkin Park" since MTM and we were always wrong by saying that. 

It always was Linkin Park and will still be. Linkin Park is a whole universe of meanings, is more than a brand, is more than the people involved in it. Linkin Park is a world of its own.

And i say that knowing i might not like the specific sound/artisticity that's coming up.

Edited by vinifeijo

2 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

It's ok to express opinions like "i don't like this song" or "i don't like this lyrics", it's not ok to say things like "this is not Linkin Park".  That's not an opinion, that's a statement that no one has control of.

We went through "This is not Linkin Park" since MTM and we were always wrong by saying that. 

It always was Linkin Park and will still be. Linkin Park is a whole universe of meanings, is more than a brand, is more than the people involved in it. Linkin Park is a world of its own.

And i say that knowing i might not like the specific sound/artisticity that's coming up.

this. It’s also hypocritical to aggressively enforce your opinion when you’re upset by other people having opinions too.

I must be reading a completely different thread sorry guys.

All I see is you is people being upset by my opinion and reacting aggressively. Go back and read the comments.

Its absolutely ok to say it isnt LP. Stop conflating people not liking a bands sound ( post MTM ) to losing an actual fucking member lol.

I wish we could just all get along, gone through 7 years of grief to attacking each other lol. If you want to accuse me of being passive aggressive and hypocritical then I will continue to call out bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, Subs said:

I must be reading a completely different thread sorry guys.

All I see is you is people being upset by my opinion and reacting aggressively. Go back and read the comments.

Its absolutely ok to say it isnt LP. Stop conflating people not liking a bands sound ( post MTM ) to losing an actual fucking member lol.

I wish we could just all get along, gone through 7 years of grief to attacking each other lol. If you want to accuse me of being passive aggressive and hypocritical then I will continue to call out bullshit. 

But it is LP. and this is going in circles

I mean this with no malice, but have you, in the 7 years since Chester's passing, looked to addressing this in therapy?