Mike Shinoda's Instagram Broadcast Channel

SardonicallyParanoid

Well, well. Mike's at it again.

Mike Shinoda just debuted his new Instagram Broadcast channel a few days ago. Definitely join up if you haven't already, because this seems to be his new form of the 'phone number' text channels he did a few years ago (which are sorely missed, by the way. The birthday message from Mike was the highlight of the year that year.) 

He's already started updating the channel with the usual cryptic Mike messages. This time, he attached a red tinted vignette of hair being buzzed away. It seems that he's teasing a new (or old) look, as the last time he had his hair buzzed was for Minutes to Midnight. Could he potentially be teasing a Minutes-esq track? You always gotta wonder with Mike.

I can’t imagine he’d go to this level of effort for a just a track - Welcome was the only time he did a big tease, but that was in preparation for a FM “revival” tour

I’d imagine an EP or album, especially as it’s been 5 years since Post Traumatic

Ok... feeling like an old lady here asking a technology question.... I can't seem to join the channel. I keep clicking the 'Join Channel' button and nothing happens! Underneath it suggests I download Instagram which I obviously have.

Please tell me others are having issues and I'm not slowly morphing into my mother.

1 hour ago, RYG4R said:

MS logo with Fort Minor 2015 (somehow updated) typeface. Interesting!

A Fort Minor comeback would be great. Since Mike is doing much better since his solo album/tour, I think he could afford to do something not so "serious" and personal 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 5:11 AM, KikiSparkle said:

Ok... feeling like an old lady here asking a technology question.... I can't seem to join the channel. I keep clicking the 'Join Channel' button and nothing happens! Underneath it suggests I download Instagram which I obviously have.

Please tell me others are having issues and I'm not slowly morphing into my mother.

Are you doing it via the mobile app? That's the only way to join to my knowledge. He posted the clip onto his instagram later in the day anyway, though.

On 9/13/2023 at 1:27 PM, SardonicallyParanoid said:

Are you doing it via the mobile app? That's the only way to join to my knowledge. He posted the clip onto his instagram later in the day anyway, though.

Thank you for replying.

It now says that the channel isn't currently available to everybody so I at least know this isn't just me.

I'm not too worried, like you say, everything is cross posted against all media.

19 minutes ago, KikiSparkle said:

Thank you for replying.

It now says that the channel isn't currently available to everybody so I at least know this isn't just me.

I'm not too worried, like you say, everything is cross posted against all media.

Yeah, he posts it publically like 2 days after the fact. Broadcast is, I assume, just an early access thing. I won't complain about seeing things early, though.