Possibility of some new Fort Minor music?

This is ten percent luck
Twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure
Fifty percent pain
And a 0 percent reason to release new music under Fort Minor since Mike moved on already, his relationship with SOB is non-existent.

It was just a moment of time that is not going to happen again, everything that mike will release will be under Mike Shinoda or Linkin Park.

49 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

This is ten percent luck
Twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure
Fifty percent pain
And a 0 percent reason to release new music under Fort Minor since Mike moved on already, his relationship with SOB is non-existent.

It was just a moment of time that is not going to happen again, everything that mike will release will be under Mike Shinoda or Linkin Park.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that MS without SOB is just... MS. How many times has Mike cut off Ryu at the last minute?

6 hours ago, Ex97 said:

I think it could happen in theory. Possibly. How awesome would it be if he and Ryu became friends again for The Rising Tied and Fort Minor anniversary coming up? 99% chance it won’t happen but you never know. I mean he did spit a verse on Recharged and that was in 2013. He said he wanted to take it to phase two, hearing fans talking about it, maybe they should consider it, didn’t he say something like that? It’ll too lazy to go look up the exact verse. It is weird what happened in 2015. He did do a verse for Welcome but it never got released. But then remember Ryu said he was confused because he wasn’t sure who ‘’Fort Minor’’ was performing on Conan? Then they had that little beef. And then made up and then Ryu appeared in the Welcome music video. And then we never got the Welcome verse and never heard about Mike and Ryu again. Haha. So who knows. 

I feel like Tak won’t forgive Mike for the Reseda Beach stuff but he should. It was so long ago and it wasn’t like Mike was a Warner executive. Look at the PR07 LPUTV’s, Mike was promoting ‘’Rocket Surgery’’ for them that was supposed to dodo in 2007 I think of very early 2008. They then changed the title and the album got shelved. I think Ryu wrote a song mentioning how Mike was on tour with LP and wouldn’t help them, that would have been the winter 2008 MTM tours. I mean what did they want Mike to do? He has his own band that was blowing up and touring heavily and he wasn’t technically a member of SOB or anything. You know?

Mike could do some solo Fort Minor shows like he did in 2015 for sure but why? He doesn’t need to now that Chester has passed and he performs as Mike Shinoda now. It’s more or less the same thing. Because even in 2015 Mike was playing LP stuff like WFTE and Devil’s Drop in the FM set. 

I think Mike realized Fort Minor really was the 2005-2006 shit with Ryu and Tak and then. That’s what people think of when they think of Fort Minor, Ryu was right. My first concert of my entire life was Fort Minor. I was 15. February 1st, 2006 in Boston. And you definitely got that they were a group vibe. It was always Mike and Ryu and Tak back in those days. They went to parties together and events. Toured the world together. I think some of the newer fans didn’t experience that side of Fort Minor so when Mike brought it back in 2015 they didn’t really understand because they thought Fort Minor was just Mike. While technically it is just Mike and always was, Mike said himself that the meaning of the group was bringing a group of people together. Watch the Making Of DVD for The Rising Tied. He definitely made it seem like yes it was his solo album but at the same time it was him and S.O.B. as a unit. 

Wait a minute. Did i miss something? I didn't notice that Mike was no longer friends with SOB. How did it all happen? 'Cuz it's a new information i just recieved and i still didn't quite get the point.

You have to remember he made the songs in 2017 to be on a Fort Minor release, and LP was down with it. It was a Mike Shinoda release because Chester passed and it then became personal with the new songs he was writing. The original hip hop tracks on that album were Fort Minor songs for a fall 2017 release. He could easily do FM anytime he wanted.

11 hours ago, SardonicallyParanoid said:

I was gonna say, I never really heard about what happened between them. Anyone got the general scoop? I thought they were at least still chill to be honest, could have sworn he mentioned them in a pretty positive light not all that long ago. Maybe I'm making things up in my own head, but-

Same here, the SOD feud saga it's too confusing and hard to follow

54 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

You have to remember he made the songs in 2017 to be on a Fort Minor release, and LP was down with it. It was a Mike Shinoda release because Chester passed and it then became personal with the new songs he was writing. The original hip hop tracks on that album were Fort Minor songs for a fall 2017 release. He could easily do FM anytime he wanted.

What's the point of having two projects were the only band member is the same person?

SOB weren't part of FM they were features.

Mike Shinoda makes more sense since they present him as Shinoda of LP.

Who the fuck knows in 2023 what is FM?

The project is done, it served its purpose.

from my POV, 

FM = Mike's alternate take of his rap route, talking bout issues, scene in hip-hop community

MS = his rap more towards his perspective as Mike Shinoda, also he integrated some alternative pop music in it.

both is great. FM is more gangster rap kinda thing while MS is personal matter.

6 hours ago, Stranger said:

from my POV, 

FM = Mike's alternate take of his rap route, talking bout issues, scene in hip-hop community

MS = his rap more towards his perspective as Mike Shinoda, also he integrated some alternative pop music in it.

I really don't think there is a distinction like this. Songs like IOU, Happy Endings, Lift Off, etc. very much fit into the "Fort Minor" vibe. Mike has shown that he's just gonna release whatever under his own name at this point.

Just now, leftshoe18 said:

I really don't think there is a distinction like this. Songs like IOU, Happy Endings, Lift Off, etc. very much fit into the "Fort Minor" vibe. Mike has shown that he's just gonna release whatever under his own name at this point.

Fair point. You guys are actually right. I think his new music under his own name would be enough instead of renamin’ it to Fort Minor. Overall, there’s no difference anyways and i think he already has his own sound.

14 hours ago, Stranger said:

from my POV, 

Wasn't cigarettes making fun of the gangsta rap?

Edited by bloodbath

Btw, i just realized that Fort Minor was actually even more than just a hip hop side project by Mike Shinoda. It was actually a project mixed up with collaborations that had a lot of different features on Rising Tied, which was post-Collision Course stage of the band bein’ very collaborative. But the point is, that probably the name Fort Minor kinda lost it’s purpose over time since Mike’s new music got more personal.