Why and when did Brad stopped hyping and jumping around stage?

n4ml0ck

As we all do, i always loved and love all of the bandmates energy during the show. For example, Brad breaking his guitar during show in Texas in 2003, but i noticed some time ago, that last time i saw Brad being hyped up during the show was on Live Earth Japan in 2007. Since then i only saw him just standing, playing his guitar and being… idk… focused? No hype, no running from side to side like Chester or Mike. Does anyone know why? I really don’t want to think that he got old… BECAUSE HE DID NOT! FOR SURE! But really… why? Thanks for all of your answers and thoughts. (Btw. If i’m asking in the wrong section, sorry, i’m new here. And sorry for my english, i’m from Czech republic)

Edited by n4ml0ck
Apologising

• 3 months later...

Yeah but it was also hard to play. Rob injured himself playing some of the THP stuff, they had to drop Rebellion and GATS for a while, right? GATS entirely. Brad had the tape on his arms. It was hard on them. They didn't seem as inspired live for THP.

The LT shows were epic as hell though. 2012-2013 may be their best live era of the 2010s decade. Totally needed a second USA tour in 2013 for LT and a European arena tour. Really, really loved the Honda Civic Tour setlists (WTCFM in an amphitheater was epic). And 2013 in Australia & Asia had amazing sets. Remember Brad absolutely loved LGM live haha

Idk why you're against age being a reason. Try and do what they did in 2001-2007 and see if you still have the energy and enthusiasm to move like that in your 30s. It's definitely not impossible, but it's not trivial either. A little knee or hip injury for example will go a long way in inhibiting someone's movement later in life. Brad broke his ankle at some point too right?

And while putting on an energetic show is obviously important to them, they are not olympic athletes or something who are going to spend hours every day rehabbing to a certain point of performance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, LPLStaff said:

The LT shows were epic as hell though. 2012-2013 may be their best live era of the 2010s decade. Totally needed a second USA tour in 2013 for LT and a European arena tour. Really, really loved the Honda Civic Tour setlists (WTCFM in an amphitheater was epic). And 2013 in Australia & Asia had amazing sets. Remember Brad absolutely loved LGM live haha

Really? I would go with the ATS era, but it's great to see someone pointing out something truly positive from the LT era