One Step Closer (Late Night with Conan O'Brien 01/16/2001)

lpliveusername

Linkin Park just uploaded their 2001 performance of 'One Step Closer' at Late Night with Conan O'Brien to their official YouTube channel! This was the band's first television appearance in the United States.

From Twitter: "We asked @joehahnLP and @phoenixlp what they remember from playing Conan:"

"The day after the Conan appearance, @therulernyc (Slick Rick) was on our flight. He made a point to say hi and that he liked our performance. -@joehahnLP"

"I remember being nervous & concerned about what I should wear. After much deliberation, I settled on a t-shirt & oversized green pants. The black Project 86 t-shirt I would wear today if I still had it, but the choice in pants gets me teased by my daughters 😜 -@phoenixlp"

10 hours ago, xLinkinpark0562x said:

This seems to be sourced from a TV VHS recording. Did the producers or the band lose a master copy or something?

LP themselves didn't start archiving a lot of stuff until Meteora, and every single thing ever until ATS (including video of all of the shows).