Mike Interview w/ Beats 1

LPLStaff

Mike recently sat down with Travis Mills on Beat 1 to discuss "Dropped Frames" for about half an hour.

If you have Apple Music or iTunes, you can check it out here.

Deviating from the "Dropped Frames" questions, Mike was asked about Fort Minor turning 15 this year:

- "This year we are celebrating The Rising Tied's 15th anniversary. You had collabs with Common, John Legend, etc. What was your favorite memory of making that record?" -> "Wow my favorite memory. I had a bunch of different things. I remember coming up with the beat for Remember The Name and being like, "Ok, everything revolves around this, the record revolves around this. This is what I'm shooting for." I also remember getting the verse back from Black Thought. I got a verse from Black Thought, it's one of my favorite verses he's ever done. Like I'm a fan of his and it's one of my favorite verses he's done, and it's on my record. That was bananas to me. It also made me so, like, almost embarrassed to be on the song (in a good way). Like there was a creative competition that I wouldn't go back and rewrite my verse, I think doing that at a time like that is inappropriate. I had already written my verse, he sent his, and I was like, "Ok, he killed it on the song." It made me want to step my game up in making the record. And I think some of the lyrics on other songs got better because of those collaborations. I just felt like, "I've just gotta be better.""