Mike Q&A Summary 6/29/2020

LPLStaff

Mike is on vacation, and he answered a few questions on his short stream today.

- "Will you ever release your drum kits?" -> "I don't know, we talked about that. Somebody suggested making sounds available for subscribers when I get partnered. I keep talking about getting Twitch partnered. I feel like it's a sad tragedy, like it's some tragic film. Release some kits? Yeah, that'd be a thing... I'd have to figure out how to do it. I feel like I'll either put it up and do it for subs here or do it on sounds.com or do it on Splice, something like that."

Mike talked about how his current software allows him to write remotely, then pull it up on his studio computer, or work on a song on his computer and go to the vocal booth and be able to pull the entire session up live on his phone.

- "I love your vocals on the song It Goes Through, do you have a different approach when making music for film or TV shows?" -> "We released that on the Mall soundtrack right? I think that what the thing is for, the placement of a song affects how I might approach it. So ff I'm thinking of a song in terms of it being for a score then yeah, .. I don't know why that approach is how it sounds, but it does. That's the thing, I don't know. I think that's the reason A Thousand Suns came out the way it did because we started it as a video game score, like soundtrack, and then it turned out to not be. It went from being a video game score to being a score without a video game, and then it went to being an album. It is what it is, that's just the process, you never know how little things affect the sound of a project."

- "What was your first reaction of your parents when you first told them you were going to be a rock star?" ->  "I didn't tell them I was going to be a rock star. They knew my band was playing on the weekends and we were doing all that. And I was still in school and getting ready to finish up art school, so it was kind of like, "hey, things are getting serious, we got an offer for a record deal", etc. And I was so close to being done with school and my parents were like, "just finish your degree, you've gotten so far and we've spent money and you're so close, it's just a matter of months to get it done. Then you'll have it, if you decide to do art, you'll have a degree." So I did that. But I think even if I had been a year away from graduating, I would have still found a way to graduate. It was really important to me. I didn't think the music thing was actually going to go anywhere necessarily."

I really want to know more about this game that turned into ATS.

One of the worst decisions in LP's career was related to a game (the project spark with GATS video).

And now we learn one of the best decisions is also game related (not doing the game and turning it into ATS)

17 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

One of the worst decisions in LP's career was related to a game (the project spark with GATS video).

And now we learn one of the best decisions is also game related (not doing the game and turning it into ATS)

I thought its not anything new ATS was game related in the beginning? 

28 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Project spark GATS video was terrible, god. 😂😂😂