LP Fans "Raid" Of Mice & Men on Twitch

LPLStaff

Of Mice and Men talked about Linkin Park in their recent Twitch stream on May 18th, where Mike had fans "raid" their channel by sending them all over to OM&M.

Due to the influx of fans, OM&M started talking about Linkin Park and their experiences with the band.

"We love Mike and we love the LP family. Linkin Park is a huge influence to all of us growing up, so..."

"I would say, straight up, Linkin Park is the reason why Of Mice & Men is still a band in 2020. The stuff that they taught us about, like, our finances, about planning, about the way we take our art seriously and not too seriously... shout-out to Linkin Park!"

"Shinoda really is like a musical father to us, for sure!"
"But he's like the cool dad, he's not like the dad who ground us. He's the dad who'd be like, 'I'm disappointed but you're not grounded!'"
"Yeah, good old Shino-dad!"

They talked about the memorable show in Zurich, Switzerland to start The Hunting Party Tour in Europe, their first arena that they ever played in Europe (with Five Finger Death Punch, but that was also the first show of the LP tour).

"We did do THP Tour with LP in Europe. It was the best tour we've ever been on, no doubt. 100%."

When asked about their fondest memories of Mike,

"One time when we were on tour, the unfortunate time when Chester broke his ankle on the basketball court. Shinoda got upset, not because Chester broke his ankle, but the fact that he got hurt again. And I guess that like was a thing that always happened. I don't know that was funny or not, but that is like one of my first memories... Shinoda being upset. Yeah, very very sad, I will never forget that time."

"I always think back to when he held open the O2 Arena in London. He kept it open so we could hang out with the band and some of their families in the room they had built for Michael Jackson. So it was like this whole disco room. Michael Jackson was going to do his 50 night residency or whatever there, so they built him a special room. So Mike held the venue open until at least 3 or 4 AM... I don't know how they had beer delivery, but we kept getting beers delivered."

A fan asked, "Did you guys ever consider making a song with LP at any point?"

They answered, "Mike actually helped us write an OM&M song, well a couple of them. He helped me structure the end of "Feels Like Forever", that's entirely Mike, that whole last chorus/triple repeat at the end."

"It's funny because when I invented that, and then I showed it to Mike, and then he showed it to you, it was like insane."

"Do you remember how he did it too? He was on like a plane to Japan. It was so sick. He was like "I'm going to be on a plane, so I'll listen to your jams and maybe I'll have some ideas" and then he got off the plane and he sent us the ideas. And he was like "what if you do this at the end?" and I was like "OH! DUH!" He also gave us one time an essay he that wrote for UCLA he wrote which was about how he broke down a song which was really, really insightful and cool to see his mind in his early 20s how he looked at a song. He's a legend."

"And it's awesome because he's got such a unique perspective when it comes to songwriting and storytelling, and you can see it on his streams, but he's able to explain things that make it less confusing than it needs to be."

"If we could get Mike to rap on one of our songs, it would be really, really cool. Get Mike on some heavy music again. Just have him spit... ooooo. We've definitely gotta hit him up about that."

And another funny story:

"When we did the tour with Linkin Park, we have a song that is called "Another You." It starts off with a really clean guitar part, and me singing a falsetto high note that directly correlates with what he's playing. We were in Germany in what I think is Munich but I looked over and Mike and Chester were both standing side stage. This is one of the first days of tour so we hadn't really gotten to hang out much. So I got really star struck and nervous that I totally fucked up that note. And just fucked up the whole song right at the very start. Aaron had to adjust his note. I just totally biffed the song because Mike and Chester were watching side stage and I got so nervous. And I remember immediately afterwards we were all in the dressing room, and before any of us say anything, Allen is like "he was right there! he was right there and I fucked up!" Not only was the 30,000 people sold out audiences crazy enough, we'd see them watching and we'd be like "OH MY GOD there's Linkin Park right there." And I just put my hand on his shoulder and I said "we fucked it up."

Been a big fan of OM&M for a while now. I was so bummed when the NA THP tour with them got cut short. Really fascinating to learn that Mike had a hand in Feels Like Forever. I always felt that song along with You're Not Alone were basically just heavy LP style jams. 

With that being said, I would be ecstatic if they collabed with Mike. "Get Mike on some heavy music again"!!

10 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Been a big fan of OM&M for a while now. I was so bummed when the NA THP tour with them got cut short. Really fascinating to learn that Mike had a hand in Feels Like Forever. I always felt that song along with You're Not Alone were basically just heavy LP style jams. 

With that being said, I would be ecstatic if they collabed with Mike. "Get Mike on some heavy music again"!!

Yeah that'd be great, even tho I'm not a huge fan of their newest material, their latest record is not for me, but thry have good songs ;)

16 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

At the Orlando and Nashville shows it clearly seemed to me that they were using pre-recorded vocal tracks/lipsyncing lead vocals at times.

On 5/27/2020 at 6:19 AM, Hahninator said:

At the Orlando and Nashville shows it clearly seemed to me that they were using pre-recorded vocal tracks/lipsyncing lead vocals at times.

For Aaron or Austin? If it was Austin, yeah I could see that. The band was in a rough spot around that time with his health. Terrible situation all around.