Mike Q&A Summary 5/13/2020

LPLStaff

On May 13th, Mike answered some questions again on his stream so we have a few of the highlights below that deal with Linkin Park. One story that we didn't highlight is him talking about being on MTV's show Punk'd, so you'll have to check out the video if you want to see that one!

- "What is your favorite LP music video?" -> "I love Waiting For The End. I love The Catalyst. I thought Leave Out All The Rest came out really good too. I liked the video for Faint a lot and I liked the video for Castle Of Glass a lot. I don't think I have a favorite. Oh, Heavy, Heavy came out really good too, I thought that was really dope."

- "What are the things in your jeep?" -> "If you guys didn't hear that, that was a Lonely Island comedy song that we participated in. It was pretty funny. Did they ever make a video for that? I wonder if they made... did like a visual, that shit was so funny. We were doing One More Light album when the request for that came in. It was so easy to do, it was so great."

- "Do your kids listen to LP? Do they like it?" -> "Yeah! They do, they like it. It's funny because we've got so much music that like often times something will come up and the kids will be like, "what song is that? which one is that?" There's always a song they haven't heard. My son is learning to play drums, and he's working on "Numb" right now which is really funny to hear him play it. His groove is so much different than Rob's."

Mike talked about The Edge from U2 being someone he has met once who left a lasting impression on him, when he talked to Linkin Park at a party around the Grammy's.

He said one of his favorite guitars is the Ibanez that he painted the green girl on, which you probably know from him using on stage over the years. The guitar is currently in storage with the rest of Linkin Park's live gear.

- "Usually people ask which LP album is your favorite, but I want to know which album are you least satisfied with, and why?" -> "Ah shit. Dear Mike, could you please be a hater? Could you please talk trash about your own work? I don't know. I am definitely fully, like, satisfied with all of them. I don't know. Why are you guys talking trash in the chat? Like you're thinking I'm going to say Reanimation and Hybrid Theory. Na. I don't know if I have one. I don't think I can answer that one, it's an unanswerable question."

Cool to know thongs like his son is learning to play drums. 
Question about the album he was the least satisfied was dumb imo. I mean artists dont tend to release music when they are not fully satisfied with it unless someone make them to release it. 

12 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

Cool to know thongs like his son is learning to play drums. 
Question about the album he was the least satisfied was dumb imo. I mean artists dont tend to release music when they are not fully satisfied with it unless someone make them to release it. 

That's a great point. LP has had full creative control of all of their music for quite a long time. Really, all of it always, besides the label wanting a single for MTM and stuff like that.

8 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

That's a great point. LP has had full creative control of all of their music for quite a long time. Really, all of it always, besides the label wanting a single for MTM and stuff like that.

Yeah and until its gone thing.