1999/2000 Photos Upscale Project

Diaux

Is not a secret that photoshoots from the early years of the band are not in the best resolution for obvious reasons, High quality screens weren't a thing and it was more easy to upload photos with a small size to websites. So with that in mind i decided to try to upscale some of their old photos. There are a lot of softwares and website that use IA learning to upscale photos, but there is one problem the original image dosen't have  to be pixelated or the result would be blurry making the image looks like somebody just put a photoshop filter on top of it

Here are some examples of the photos with the original and the upscaled one

Jen Luciani Photoshoot 

Spoiler

Original

S5j1IM7.png

Upscale

gSES8eU.png

In this photo you can clearly see how it has that blurry effect going on thanks to the original photo beign pixelated

I remove the watermark not this disrespect Jen Luciani work is just if somebody want to use it as wallpaper 

Frank Maddocks Photoshoot For Hybrid Theory

Spoiler

Original 1

jY3mtnT.jpg

Upscale 1

zv04MRj.png

Original 2

bfI0aBe.jpg

Upscale 2

xJ8vOGv.png

Hybrid Theory EP Photoshoot

Spoiler

Original 1

eoYf3SZ.jpg

Upscale 1

5X6dDU3.png

Original 2

6tDwQ1L.jpg

Upscale 2

r5QQQG9.png

Thanks to Martinez and all the people that collaborated in the Band promo photoshoot thread that is the source of the original images that i used in this thread

Also feel free to request me other photos, I'm doing more

Edited by Diaux

6 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Great job on these. That's good.

Jen isn't a photographer haha she's an LP fan (and member of this site) that got the photo I think in a contest or something.

Thanks, do we know how take the photo?

Also why some of the HT EP have this stupid watermark on top of them, them one who looks like bubbles?

30 minutes ago, Garret said:

Great idea. These photos are so cringe though, reminds me of when Mike and Chester would make fun of this time period during interviews and stuff from 2010-2012.

Hahahaha they are the tipical 90' metal band photos when they try to look cool and angry

34 minutes ago, Diaux said:

Hahahaha they are the tipical 90' metal band photos when they try to look cool and angry

I know haha. I like them but they are dated a bit. Which is normal. It’s just funny to look back.

I think the Meteora photoshoot ones still hold up even today. Aren’t cringe at all to me. And of course the MTM ones are the best to me.

Edited by Garret

24 minutes ago, Garret said:

I know haha. I like them but they are dated a bit. Which is normal. It’s just funny to look back.

I think the Meteora photoshoot ones still hold up even today. Aren’t cringe at all to me. And of course the MTM ones are the best to me.

Surprisingly enough the Meteora photos are in really good quality.

By the way Garret you know about any MTM or Chester pics that would benefit of this process?

33 minutes ago, Diaux said:

Surprisingly enough the Meteora photos are in really good quality.

By the way Garret you know about any MTM or Chester pics that would benefit of this process?

Not really. Most MTM ones are good quality. There are about 5 low resolution ones. Houdini House ones were the best from Kerrang but they’re impossible to find. They have released it from 2017.