It's Goin' Down

SergSlim

OK, so I had kinda argument with one person about this song.

I need to know who wrote music/lyrics to this song. What does Wayne Static do in the video? If Rob and Phoenix are playing because they are in the same band as Mike and Hahn - I can understand that, but Wayne???

Any other interesting info about the history of this song would be appreciated.

Static-X singer is playing guitar

Brad in in the crowd.. Mike is rapping.. Chester appears for 1 second ... Executoners are scratching with Joe and it's a total mess

It's Exc song, i guess Mike wrote lyrics.. Mike's not goin to rap somone elses lyrics. Wayne is just playing as special guest imo.

I believe that Wayne Static played guitar on the studio recording of the song. He isn't credited as a featured guest, but the tone and really choppy playing style sounds a lot like his guitar work on the Static-X albums, plus it really doesn't sound like Mike or Brad's style of playing (listen to LP play it live, Brad plays the main riff with a totally different feel). Unless one of the X-Ecutioners played the guitar part themselves, I think it's safe to say that he makes an uncredited appearance on the recording.

As far as songwriting goes, the song is officially credited to Mike Shinoda, Joe Hahn, Xzibit, and Mel-Man (the latter 2 being credited because the song samples Xzibit's song "Year 2000"). None of the X-Ecutioners actually have songwriting credits on it, which essentially means Mike and Joe composed the song themselves, probably mostly Mike (all of the lyrics and most of the music, with Joe adding samples and scratches).

Can't for the life of me remember where i heard it, but i heard that the Static-X guy was in the studio/area at the time and knew or just met the Lp guys and so they gave him a slot in the video. He does play the riff (in the video) but not on the track/CD. No idea if it's true though. I also heard around that time, that he keeps his hair spiked up with his own... you know what :P.

The lyrics do sound like Mike though. An don't forget that the CD says 'X- Ecutioners Featuring Mike Shinoda and MR. Hahn of Linkin Park'. An that it appears on the X-Ecutioners album too.