2005 Demos

Garret

I personally believe that Mike’s VMA Score 2005 Full Demos are Linkin Park demos similar to tracks we have received such as Universe, Basquiat, Divided,etc. The only one that I believe isn’t a LP demo is Hive because it was 100 Degees on We Major by FM.

1. LPUTVhas used multiple of these tracks in episodes such as Catharsis, Teletronic, etc.

2. Madison sounds like a LP Demo more than anything. Heavy early MTM demo. 

3. Mike said demos like Basquait and Universe were post FM early MTM demos and they fit stylistically with these VMA songs.

You are right and wrong at the same time.

The thing is, some of these indeed sounds a lot like they were INTENDED to be Linkin Park demos.

However we all know that a huge amount of the very early demos of any song is just some productions of Mike.

So yes they could have been intended for LP, Mike played the demos to the rest of the guys, they didn't like em, Mike used for VMA Score 2005.

But even if they were originally intended for LP I'm sure the demos are 100% Mike and they didn't even make it to been made in a proper demo, have some vocals recorded or something.

I highly doubt they were ever intended for Linkin Park. They don't sound like leftover pre-Meteora demos, and mid-2005 was far too early into the writing process for Minutes to Midnight for them to have started narrowing down song choices. If there was even a shred of a possibility of them being on the next LP album, they wouldn't have been released in 2005.

If you took the vocals off of Cover and Duck, it "sounds like" a heavy Linkin Park track too. That doesn't make it one.

40 minutes ago, Astat said:

I highly doubt they were ever intended for Linkin Park. They don't sound like leftover pre-Meteora demos, and mid-2005 was far too early into the writing process for Minutes to Midnight for them to have started narrowing down song choices. If there was even a shred of a possibility of them being on the next LP album, they wouldn't have been released in 2005.

If you took the vocals off of Cover and Duck, it "sounds like" a heavy Linkin Park track too. That doesn't make it one.

Idk. I mean the band started working on what would become MTM in November of 2005, according to Brad. And 99% of demos for Linkin Park were started by Mike. LPU has released a few demos from ''2005'', Divided and After Canada. To me, these VMA tracks sound very similar to Divided, as well as Basquait and Universe, which were apparently from 2007 and 2006, despite Mike saying they were basically post Fort Minor - early MTM demos in the track notes, which leaves those to be 2005-very early 2006. I mean the band even attempted to record a song for a Machine Shop Mixtape in the Summer of 2005 but it never worked out. I think Madison could possibly be this track. Linkin Park was still ''heavy'' at that time and Madison seems like the perfect fit for that time frame. Sounds much different than anything else from the time period. Cover And Duck, yeah, but it's more hip-hop driven, while Madison is very hard rock/metal driven. If any of these VMA tracks were for LP, I would say Madison was for sure. And why we Fiore use them with LPUTV? In 2009 he used Teletronic during ''Tribal Clef'' and I know Catharsis was used in others from that time, too.

However none of these tracks ever got vocals as far as we know so they didn't make it out of seed phase, probably.