2019.03.02 - Berlin, Germany

LPLStaff

We're back! Welcome to LPLive 6.0. We've been down since January, but we're getting right back into the swing of things. The FINAL LEG of the Post Traumatic Tour is kicking off in Berlin, Germany on March 2, 2019 at the Columbiahalle.

This'll be Mike's first solo show in Berlin -- unless you count his 2015 performance as Fort Minor there. We'll all remember this showa s it was the first performance of the Suicide Music version of 'High Voltage' on the tour (and the first time since 2001 that the song was performed in full). Mike has already performed in Germany on the Post Traumatic Tour, though: twice! The first was in Köln, the very first show to feature the piano versions  of 'Heavy,' 'Burn It Down,' and 'Numb,' which would become a staple part of every setlist from there on out. 'Until It Breaks' also got its tour debut during the encore of this show. Mike returned to Germany once more for a show in Offenbach am Main, where he performed 'Numb' and 'In The End' with a fan named Rosie Stickdorn, and later performed 'Kenji' by fan request. Linkin Park has also performed at this venue -  in 2001, on the Hybrid Theory European Tour. This show featured the live debut of 'Step Up!'

Watch Mike perform piano versions of 'In The End,' 'Heavy,' 'Burn It Down,' and 'Numb' in Köln, Germany last year on the European leg of the Post Traumatic Tour. Rotations of these songs (and a couple of others) became a setlist staple from this show onwards!

If you followed our tour coverage over the Outbreak Tour last fall, you'll know how crazy the setlists got. Virtually everything we knew about the setlist from Day 1 was different by the end of the tour. We ended up with 5 recurring intro songs: 'Welcome,' 'Petrified,' 'Robot Boy' and 'World's On Fire,' 'When They Come For Me,' and 'Remember The Name.' Mike added and debuted more songs than we can even recount at various points throughout the tour, too. 'World's On Fire' and 'Lift Off' debuted from Post Traumatic, while Mike also brought out 'Sharp Edges,' 'Invisible,' 'Cigarettes,' 'High Road,' and more at some point on the tour, digging into his discography. Even the closing song changed, with 'A Place For My Head' featuring opening band Don Broco replacing 'Running From My Shadow' for the last few shows, too. Going into this tour, we have absolutely no idea what'll happen. And that's how we like it.

All the same, that won't stop us from making predictions! This may be the last shot for some Post Traumatic songs to get their live debut: 'Nothing Makes Sense Anymore,' 'Brooding,' 'Promises I Can't Keep,' and 'Can't Hear You Now' all still have not been performed (and Mike explicitly stated he'd like to perform  'Can't Hear You Now'). Additionally, the new bonus tracks 'Prove You Wrong' and 'What The Words Meant' would be very welcome additions  to the set, as well as his Martin Garrix collaboration 'Waiting For Tomorrow,' which Mike also expressed that he wanted added to the set. Plus, we know everyone would love to see fan favorites like 'High Voltage,' 'No Roads Left,' 'It Goes Through,' and more added to the set. This may be the last chance for these songs for quite some time! What songs do you want to see Mike perform on this tour?

One surprise we DO know is coming: an onstage collaboration! The lead singer of the German rock band Jennifer RostockJennifer Weiss will be joining Mike onstage! She mentioned on her Instagram story that she would be playing with Mike, and also sang the chorus of 'A Place For My Head' - looks like she may be performing the song with Mike! That'd be an awesome way to kick off the tour - let's see what happens!

Watch Mike perform 'A Place For My Head' with Don Broco in Detroit, Michigan on the Outbreak Tour! Don Broco will be playing all of the Germany dates on this tour, so hopefully we'll see this happen throughout the tour!

Speaking of Don Broco, they'll be opening the German dates on this tour! After opening shows for Mike throughout the United States and Europe last year, they're back for more. If the above performance of 'A Place For My Head' isn't enough, I can tell you firsthand that they do not disappoint live. As will anyone who saw them open for Mike over the last tour - with jams like 'T-Shirt Song' and 'Come Out To LA,' you can't really go wrong. They're full of energy and charisma - definitely inspired by Chester's onstage presence, no doubt. If you can catch their set, don't miss it!

This final leg of the Post Traumatic Tour will last all month long, seeing Mike and co. travel throughout Europe and even hitting Israel before wrapping up. After this show, Mike has a run of four more stops in Germany: BremenHannoverOberhausen, and Hamburg. Additionally, the tour returns to GErmany twice more, with shows in Munich and Ludwigsburg

Who's going? Thank you for all the patience over the last few months as we got LPLive up and running again. It's good to be back - we still have a lot to work on, but it's all a work in progress. Be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's 2019 touring schedule here.

Let us know what you think in the Newswire thread here.