2018.10.28 - Dallas, Texas

RogueSoul

Mike's not done with you yet, Texas. The next stop on the Outbreak Tour is taking Mike to Dallas, at the House Of Blues tonight, October 28.

Texas welcomed Mike in a big way yesterday. Mike performed on the second stage at the Buzzfest yesterday in Woodlands, the event posting on Twitter that he attracted the largest crowd they'd ever seen for the second stage. Given the large crowd, neither them or Mike disappointed. Opening with 'Welcome,' Mike changed up the setlist in interesting ways even for a shortened set. 'Remember The Name' was played second after being moved around at the start of the set over the last few shows. 'Sorry For Now' and 'Crossing A Line' were both performed mid-set, as per usual; the biggest surprises, however, came at the end. After 'Papercut,' Mike whipped out a rare performance of 'It's Goin' Down' (which wasn't written on the setlist), which he did because, quote: "I was feelin' it." The show ended with 'Running From My Shadow,' grandson joining him onstage (he was also on the bill), making it the second time he's performed with Mike, the first time being earlier in the tour in Philadelphia.

Watch Mike perform 'Running From My Shadow' with grandson live in Woodlands, Texas yesterday. Beware the audio in the video, but enjoy this awesome performance of the song nonetheless! grandson will be opening for Mike at his California shows, so expect more of this there.

Dallas always delivers some great crowds, so it's no surprise Mike's coming to play a show. Linkin Park performed there three times in 2000 alone: on their very first tour (Union Underground's 'An Education In Rebellion' Tour), on Kottonmouth King's 'Ridin' High' Tour, and lastly on P.O.D.'s 'Kings Of The Game' Tour. The band played twice more in Dallas in 2001: once on the Ozzfest and another on the Family Values Tour. Linkin Park returned to Dallas at the very start of the Meteora Tour in 2003, towards the end of the LP Underground Tour. While featuring Christian Lindskog from Blindside on 'One Step Closer,' the band also played fresh tracks off of Meteora including 'Hit The Floor' and 'Easier To Run.' They returned twice more in 2004: once on the Meteora North American Tour which featured tracks like 'Lying From You,' 'P5hng Me A*wy,' and 'My December,' and once again on Projekt Revolution 2004, which featured iconic moments like the Hip-Hop Medley (consisting of 'It's Goin' Down,' 'Step Up,' and 'Nobody's Listening') and the Blood, Anger, Suffering Outro Transition of 'Figure.09.'

The band continued to come to Dallas on the Minutes To Midnight Tour. The band performed there in 2007 on Projekt Revolution, performing fresh tracks from Minutes To Midnight including 'The Little Things Give You Away' and 'Shadow Of The Day.' The set also featured a rare performance of 'QWERTY.' The band returned again in 2008, performing the second-to-last show of the tour in Dallas, featuring special appearances by the Street Drum Corps and Chris Cornell. After having to reschedule a show in Dallas mid-tour on the A Thousand Suns North American Tour in 2011, Linkin Park performed there at the end of the tour, performing 'A Place For My Head' over the extended bridge of 'Bleed It Out.' The band returned on the Honda Civic Tour during the Living Things cycle in 2012, performing tracks like 'In My Remains' (which replaced 'Lying From You' at this show) and 'Victimized' (which was mashed up with 'QWERTY'). The band's most recent show in Dallas took place in 2014 on the Carnivores Tour with Thirty Seconds To Mars during The Hunting Party cycle. This show featured a massive setlist, with songs such as 'Rebellion, 'Guilty All The Same,' and 'Final Masquerade' from The Hunting Party being featured in the set. Linkin Park has a long history with Dallas, and that story is only going to continue with this show!

Watch Linkin Park perform 'In The End' live in Dallas in 2014. The Carnivores Tour was an amazing tour (a dream tour for me) - who else saw the band live during the tour?

It's literally impossible to say what's coming in Dallas. We have several potential openers: 'Welcome, 'When They Come For Me,' 'Robot Boy' and 'World's On Fire,' 'Remember The Name,' and 'Petrified.' Any of those are fair game, the the organization of the set after that is completely random at this point as well. The only thing set in stone at this point is 'Running From My Shadow' closing the show. 'High Road' is the only song left that Mike was playing at some point that hasn't been played on tour yet. 'Waiting For Tomorrow' is expected to be performed during the tour as well, but from what we know they haven't begun rehearsing the song at soundcheck. There's always room for rarities like 'It's Goin' Down,' 'Cigarettes,' and more to be played. We'll have to wait and see, but one thing's for sure: it's going to be a great set.

Who's going to the show? These shows in Texas mark the half-way point of the tour, which means we're almost in the final stretch. Mike continues the tour across the south before hitting the west coast, performing next in Las Vegas, Nevada and Los Angeles, California (with a recently announced appearance on The Late Late Show With James Corden in between). LPLive staff member Randee will be in Las Vegas, so if you see her, be sure to say hi! Also coming up quickly is Mike's performance at the Dia De Los Deftones festival, which would be the perfect opportunity to whip out 'Lift Off' given that Chino Moreno will be at the festival.

We'll be keeping you updated on everything that happens at this show, so be be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates, and join the LPLive Discord for discussion with fans around the world (a couple members from the Discord will be at this show - be sure to say hi)! We just launched the new LPLive Archive YouTube Channel that is loaded with hours of rare content from the Linkin Park world, and we'll also be uploading videos from the Post Traumatic Tour there, too. Be sure to subscribe!

Check out the rest of Mike Shinoda's touring schedule here.