The Original Albums

Geki

If Hybrid Theory or Meteora came out today, they wouldn't be at all popular on radio. People should think about that. Can you picture OSC blowing the fuck up on radio in 2017? I can't.

The lyrics on those albums were actually mature and dark as fuck. They had moments of anger, sadness, isolation, etc. I grew up my entire life feeling those things and I really connected with the lyrics on them when growing up and even now at age 27. Fuck it. Chester was 27 when Meteora came out. The lyrics are real.

It doesn't have some shit pop Disney sound like OML does. Or even ATS and LT. HT, Meteora and MTM were the golden age of Linkin Park, they'll never be topped.

I mean...that's kind of to be expected after almost two decades?

You can technically say that any album released in the early 2000's wouldn't be popular today like it was back then...because, well, music styles were different back then and times are a-changing my friend.

I mean...that's kind of to be expected after almost two decades?

You can technically say that any album released in the early 2000's wouldn't be popular today like it was back then...because, well, music styles were different back then and times are a-changing my friend.

Yes that s the point, if HT came out today it wouldn t be a diamond certified huge record, see bands like Dangerkids struggling to enter the top 200 Billboard and barely selling 50k with 2 records