Forum Changes and Restructuring

SouthernGirlAM

Over the course of the past week, the staff has decided to make some changes to the LPL forums, including the adoption of new rules and regulations as well as forum rearranging and restructuring. These changes have been carefully considered over the past week and are starting to be implemented today. For the next 24 hours, we ask that you please be patient with the forums while we rearrange them. Once we finish, we will announce the changes and additions, as well as implement the new rules and regulations. Stay tuned for more information and thanks for your patience!

As you guys can see, the immediate thing we're working on are the downloads and requests. We're still working through it and it may take some time, but our ultimate goal is to make it a bit more user friendly and easier to moderate correctly.

Firstly, all audio and video download offers or requests should be made in the proper forum.

Secondly, we ask that people to stick with certain thread naming conventions as much as possible, to help both staff and other users identify threads faster.

For instance, if I were looking for the Camden 2008 audio, my thread title would look like this:

[REQ] 2008-07-19 Camden, NJ (FLAC)

The first post should further identify the show, giving as much information as possible if multiple sources exist.

-----------------------------------------------------

If I were offering the same show for people to download, the thread title would look like this:

[DL] 2008-07-19 Camden, NJ (FLAC)

Again, the first post should further identify the show, giving as much information as possible if multiple sources exist, especially if this is a brand new source circulating for the first time.

In your thread title, please identify the format of the audio or video you're requesting or uploading including but not limited to the following:FLAC, SHN, WAV, MP3, DVD, DVDRip, MPEG/AVI, Divx, MP4, etc.

If you're unsure what sources or formats exist for a particular show, SHAME ON YOU! LPLive is a liveguide and we strive to have as much information as possible on all known sources for these shows. Please do some research in the appropriate show page before posting threads requesting or offering downloads. If you think you've found a new source, the staff and moderators of this site will be glad to lend a hand in identifying audio or video sources.

i cant wait to see what you guys do, it will be amazing im sure :)

Many of the changes forum users will notice have already taken place. The download and request forums have been updated, old threads removed/merged/deleted as needed.

The remainder of the changes will have to do with several layers of forum rules. More will come with that at a later date.