2016 Realization

Geki

I wasn't sure if I was going to post this thread but I decided to go for it. This entire year so far, I've really started re-listening to Linkin Park's discography.

I've really rediscovered how amazing the music really is. IMO, Linkin Park crafts each album to be amazing and a listening experience, I feel like. I've noticed that a lot of bands don't do this. Mike said that he loves albums and doesn't want to stop releasing music that way, I can't remember which interview this was now, but he basically said that a lot of bands are releasing singles and songs randomly now instead of focusing on a big album, but that stuck with me. I love albums do, I just forget about how much I did. Linkin Park puts a lot of thought into how they sequence the album, etc. And even remix stuff like Reanimation, Collision Course, etc. is done amazingly well. Hell, even the demos sound good!

There's really no main point to this thread, but I know the Linkin Park news has been slow this year so I decided I just wanted to share this with the LPL community. There might be some other fans out there who could have this same experience taking in the music, looking at the artwork for the albums while listening, etc. and it's really a fun experience, IMO.

Edited by Geki

I just realized that 90% of the album covers are White/Black/Gray and that sucks balls.

Well, you can always use your own artwork in iTunes and stuff, you can pick whatever image you want. And when looking through the art for the albums, the art books and stuff, there is different stuff, really cool art with some of them like MTM and ATS if you look through the books. That's more what I meant when I said looking at the artwork while listening to the albums. But yeah, a change up with the next album cover away from black and white or gray would be cool. Maybe a blue.

It's amazing the attention to details they put into crafting the records. Little sound bytes you might only just pick up on your 1001th listen.

Exactly!! Currently listening to some awesome shit from THP. Backing vocals version.

Red, Green, Blue?

HT, LT? Reanimation? THP?

It's amazing the attention to details they put into crafting the records. Little sound bytes you might only just pick up on your 1001th listen.

That's what I love about LP, little sounds that you notice after a very long time listening to the song, LP music has a lot of sound dig deep in the mix, something I adore.

HT, LT? Reanimation? THP?

That's what I love about LP, little sounds that you notice after a very long time listening to the song, LP music has a lot of sound dig deep in the mix, something I adore.

Their studio work is so great, they put so much work into everything. I guess the main point of this thread was to appreciate the work that LP puts into their releases. Something that is a little bit more rare nowadays.

Edited by Geki