Phoenix gives quick update on next album + collaborations

RogueSoul

Phoenix recently spoke to Robert Herrera from Front Row Live Entertainment about the upcoming Linkin Park album an a few other subjects, including collaborations and the new song song, 'Things In My Jeep' from the Popstar soundtrack. Here's a quick transcription of some of the main points:

Q: "In an update video you guys recently released, Mike mentioned collaborators. Is there anything you can talk about of who you've been working with in the studio?"

P: "We've been open to working with people from different sections of the music world, but we've never opened the doors into the studio during the writing process. At this stage, anyone who we've enjoyed the work of in the past or who is interested in seeing what we're doing and how we work, we've invited them in and hung out in the studio, whether it meant hanging out and eating lunch in the studio or doing some music and writing together, etc., all different things have happened. It's been really invigorating to our writing process and a lot of fun.

Q: "During the Warped Tour Anniversary show (show page here), a band you guys really connected with was Issues. I was always curious if there was going to be anything with Linkin Park and Issues.

P: "At this stage, not yet. But that would be awesome - I'd love if that came together. There's so many bands in that world that are great, young and upcoming bands and well-established bands as well. That day was awesome... When we were coming up, our early thing to do as far as performing in front of a new audience was playing at Ozzfest, but it just never worked for us to play Warped Tour."

Q: "How much harder is it now that families are involved?"

P: "I don't think it really makes it harder. It makes it harder to be away from home at times, but it helps that most of us are in the same both as that and we figure out how to make our touring schedule work with our family schedules. It's just a transition, in that respect. By the same token, family is really important and it helps bring me a fuller and better... of myself to the band."

Q: "How soon can we expect a brand new single?"

P: "I'm wise enough at this stage to never give a date. It's coming along really well, I would hope for the end of 2016, if not the beginning of 2017. It's going really well, we're excited about it. We're at a good point in the song writing and in the production."

Q: "You guys recently did a thing with Lonely Island, which is hilarious. How did that come out, and what was your experience with them?"

P: "Mostly, that Mike and Chester. I think Andy or some of his people reached out, and I think those guys were on it immediately as they heard the request, being big fans of what they've done. Just a fun little project to work on."

Check out the full interview here:

Linkin Park's seventh studio album is shaping up - be sure to follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for the latest updates.

I wish we could at least get a number of how many collaborators have already been in the studio. It seems like every update pushes the album further back - now Phoenix is saying that only a single will be out around the time that Mike hoped for the album to be released.

I wish we could at least get a number of how many collaborators have already been in the studio. It seems like every update pushes the album further back - now Phoenix is saying that only a single will be out around the time that Mike hoped for the album to be released.

Yeah my excitement for this album goes up and down based on these "updates." May as well not plan on anything being released this year now.