LPAssociation?

loulax07

I am a member over on LPA but I'd say I've probably only signed in about 3 times. I haven't really spent enough time there to get to know the members. Obviously I made some first impressions and to be honest, something didn't sit right with me. And also someone from there pissed me off at the London scavenger hunt lol. Although, I must give credit to Joe over there for tracking me down and getting me my signed LGM CD from the band for my friend and I.

For me, LPLive has a much more user-friendly layout and I've always felt welcome here. Plus, I love talking about the live aspect of the band to the extent we do here, picking out every detail and such. Even on shows out way out of my time zone I'll stay up and just wait for the live tweets of the set (call me sad I have no shame :P)

There's just something here that feels more comfortable for me personally. I visit the site every day.

Edited by LINKINMARK

There is elitism on both the websites

Thank you, I'm sick to death of all the people here who accuse LPA of being elitist while being elitist themselves. This pissing match needs to stop, and I get that vibe from more people here than on LPA, to be honest.

Thank you, I'm sick to death of all the people here who accuse LPA of being elitist while being elitist themselves. This pissing match needs to stop, and I get that vibe from more people here than on LPA, to be honest.

At least you're living up to your username here :P

Hi guys, Derek from LPAssociation here. As the founder of LPA back in 2001, and one of only a select few that has been on the site since it's very first day, I thought I'd take a moment to say hello and address some of the things that I've read in here (both the negative and positive).

First things first, for those of you who frequent both the LPA and the LPL who have said some positive things about our site, I thank you. It is certainly good to hear that you appreciate our album release coverage, and we certainly do whatever we can to live up to your expectations when those special moments come around every two years. It's no secret that we've been around for close to 15 years, and it goes without saying that we wouldn't have lasted nearly that long if it wasn't for the support of fans like yourself. We value everyone who takes a moment out of their day to visit our corner of the internet, and we appreciate any opportunity to receive your input, even if it's in the form of criticism over certain aspects of our community.

For those who had their gripes and issues with the LPA and have chosen to voice your concerns in this thread, let me be the first to tell you that we've heard you loud and clear. I won't begin to claim that we have been perfect as a website over the last decade, and there's been a few moments where I feel we could've handled things differently or refrained from doing things entirely. There's a wise old saying by Alexander Pope where he once said "to err is human", and I feel that is certainly applicable here. To try and pretend we haven't made our share of mistakes would be foolhardy, and I certainly will be the first to admit that we have areas in need of improvement. A few of you certainly pointed out areas where we aren't our best, and for that I thank you. There's no way to know what we're missing or what people feel we need to change if we don't hear from the people who have visited us, so your input is appreciated. Whether you view us daily, or viewed us once and were so dissatisfied with the experience that you never came back, your opinion matters to us.

Already we are discussing as a staff some of the concerns raised in this thread to see if we can fix some problem areas and make the experience more enjoyable for everyone overall. For those who haven't visited us in a while, please take this as my invitation to come on by and give us another try. We'd love to have you!

Edited by LPADerek

Hi guys, Derek from LPAssociation here. As the founder of LPA back in 2001, and one of only a select few that has been on the site since it's very first day, I thought I'd take a moment to say hello and address some of the things that I've read in here (both the negative and positive).

First things first, for those of you who frequent both the LPA and the LPL who have said some positive things about our site, I thank you. It is certainly good to hear that you appreciate our album release coverage, and we certainly do whatever we can to live up to your expectations when those special moments come around every two years. It's no secret that we've been around for close to 15 years, and it goes without saying that we wouldn't have lasted nearly that long if it wasn't for the support of fans like yourself. We value everyone who takes a moment out of their day to visit our corner of the internet, and we appreciate any opportunity to receive your input, even if it's in the form of criticism over certain aspects of our community.

For those who had their gripes and issues with the LPA and have chosen to voice your concerns in this thread, let me be the first to tell you that we've heard you loud and clear. I won't begin to claim that we have been perfect as a website over the last decade, and there's been a few moments where I feel we could've handled things differently or refrained from doing things entirely. There's a wise old saying by Alexander Pope where he once said "to err is human", and I feel that is certainly applicable here. To try and pretend we haven't made our share of mistakes would be foolhardy, and I certainly will be the first to admit that we have areas in need of improvement. A few of you certainly pointed out areas where we aren't our best, and for that I thank you. There's no way to know what we're missing or what people feel we need to change if we don't hear from the people who have visited us, so your input is appreciated. Whether you view us daily, or viewed us once and were so dissatisfied with the experience that you never came back, your opinion matters to us.

Already we are discussing as a staff some of the concerns raised in this thread to see if we can fix some problem areas and make the experience more enjoyable for everyone overall. For those who haven't visited us in a while, please take this as my invitation to come on by and give us another try. We'd love to have you!

Thanks for coming over and posting about my question. Says a lot about you and your site.

Thanks for coming over and posting about my question. Says a lot about you and your site.

Thank you. I just feel it's important for people to know that we do read everything that's said about LPA (both good or bad) and we listen to everything. We take every suggestion to heart and evaluate every concern individually out of respect for those who call LPA their full or part time home. We care what people think, and we value honest and constructive critique.